Swey’s Kitchen for the Cooking Collegiette: Super Cute Easter Themed Deviled Eggs!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Many of you are getting ready to celebrate Easter this weekend with friends and family. One of the best ways to bring people together is through food, and we have the perfect recipe for you to try — super cute Easter themed deviled eggs! I found this recipe on Pinterest and just had to share it! 

Ingredients:

• 10 eggs
  • food coloring
  • red wine vinegar
  • About 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • ½ tsp thyme
  • ½ tsp paprika

Process:

1. Boil eggs for 20 min.
  2. After 15 minutes, cool the eggs with running water.
  3. Peel the eggs.
  4. Then cut them in half.
  5. Take out the yolks and put them in a separate bowl.
  6. In five different cups, fill it up with water and add a tablespoon of red wine vinegar.
  7. Then put three drops of food coloring in each glass (like you would dye eggs).
  8. While those dye, mix yolk, mayo, salt, pepper, thyme, and paprika.
  9. Take out the eggs and place on the paper towel to dry, then place them in a plate.
  10. Scoop the mixture and place them in each egg and top with paprika!

Enjoy collegiettes! :)

Photocredit: http://www.foodjimoto.com/2011/04/easter-eggs.html

Chelsea is a Her Campus alumnae and the Cofounder and former President and Editor-In-Chief of Virginia Commonwealth University's Her Campus chapter. Chelsea has diverse professional experience thanks to her many internships in college. Her experience includes working in the research department at Viacom's MTV, assisting the CEO of a boutique jewelry brand in NYC, and working at an English tourist magazine in Japan. Beyond her professional life, Chelsea is inspired by fashion, finance, all things Harry Potter, her dream of working for a company she loves, and her travels. Chelsea turns to Sailor Moon episodes and Harry Potter soundtracks when life gets tough. Also a good amount of shopping, traveling, and making memories with loved ones will maintain her status quo.Connect!LinkedIn Instagram: @chelsskubo