Steven Daniel: President of GroupMODA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Name: Steven Daniel

Year: Senior

Major: Business Administration and Management

Birthday: June 21, 1991

If you could describe yourself to our readers in a few sentences, who is Steven?

I am someone who is very focused and hardworking. I have been through a lot, so I used that as my motivation to be something greater. I have so many things going on but I still find myself adding more and more things on to my hectic schedule. I love everything I do and the people that surround me, so I try and set a tone for myself to exceed and make those around me aim to do the same. I’m very shy needless to say but I am a social butterfly as most would consider me. I just want to be GREAT!

Why did you choose VCU?

I attended Georgia State before and I didn’t feel that I was gaining the best education there. I started to research schools and had my heart set on going to Connecticut. The only problem was the schools were too expensive. So I did more research and found VCU. I never heard of them but dug a bit deeper and saw that A LOT of the programs were nationally and some internationally ranked; at that point I was sold. 

During your college experience, what organizations have you been involved with? 

I have been a part of groupMODA Fashion Organization & Modeling Troupe for 3 years now (1 year  as a model, 2 years as president), Event Coordinator for the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Scholarship Pageant, and the Treasure for Free Figured Revolution. When I attended Georgia State I was an SGA Senator as well.

What is GroupMODA?

groupMODA is VCU’s first and only student-run fashion organization that thrives on promoting diversity, creativity, and confidence in one’s self and one’s personal style. We have been around now for 15 years and are still thriving today to put on some of the best fashion shows that VCU and the Richmond community have ever seen.

What makes GroupMODA stand out from the other Fashion Student Orgs on campus? 

We aim to build spectacular reputations with vendors, stylists, make-up artists/hair stylists, and designers. We feature models in RVA Fashion week, VA Fashion week, NY Fashion week, and many of other fashion weeks across the country. We build a family which is what makes us different. We have team building exercises, we do events that involve the people, and we set a tone for all other organizations to reach when doing events. We are the epitome of a Fashion Organization and Modeling Troupe.

What do you want to do as a career? 

I want to be a Brand Manager, which is just a fancy name for an Image Consultant.

What are your hobbies?

I love singing, modeling, talking, planning events, and more talking, lol.

What is an interesting fact about you? 

I know how to cook, very well!

What are your plans for the future?

I plan on getting married to a wonderful spouse, having a child or adopting one, getting a corner office at a Fortune 500 company, and just being the best me I can be.

How can other interested students/organizations get involved with GroupMODA?

Contact groupmodavcu@gmail.com and someone will contact you with more info.

Is there anything else you want Her Campus to know? 

Well this is more so for the readers; be you and if no one likes you for being you, dismiss them.

You can follow Steven on Instagram and Twitter at: @ibreakwallets_  and on YouTube here.

Portia, is a 22 year old Senior majoring in Cinema and double minoring in General Business and Media Studies at VCU. She transferred from The University of Hawaii at Leeward Community College, after graduating in 2012 with an Associate in Science in Television Production. Portia has a passion for all things art related, asian cuisine, traveling, and Bollywood movies.  In the future, she aspires to one day return to Hawaii and direct and create movies of all different genres and continue her passion for the arts.
Sarah is a Mass Communications student at VCU with a concentration in Online/Print Journalism. She is passionate about veganism, traveling, music, health and fitness. Her plans after graduation are to move to NYC and work within the journalism field.