This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Ah, shoes. The overlooked, arguably most important part of a seasonal wardrobe update. Let’s face it, those worn out Rainbow sandals from a couple of years ago aren’t good enough for all the new Spring outfits you’re going to dream up and most likely purchase this season. Here is a quick and easy guide to some of the best shoes of the Spring season. 

1 – Vans Deck Club Slip-On Sneaker

Move over plain old white and black Vans! This beautiful new style of Vans will get your heels kicking in no time. Pastel seersucker screams spring and even though these shoes look like they get dirty easily, they can be thrown in the wash in a jiffy. They can be dressed up or down, and match almost everything in your Spring wardrobe with their color range. 

2 – UO Alana Wood + Leather Sandal

Wooden sandals are back this season, after being a hit in the 1970s. The faux suede comes in a decadent dark caramel, just like a lot of the clothes and accessories of that era. Absolutely to die for! They feature an all-one-level heel, almost like a wedge, making them a comfortable way to wear a heel and get some height. And at $69? Who could resist?!

3 – Intentionally Blank Sharpy Heel

I know these are a bit of a splurge at just over $180, but their retro style was too cool not to include. With both white and red color options, you may end up spending just over $360 instead. The plastic rectangular straps are reminiscent of mod 1960s designer sandals, and who doesn’t want to look like an expensive 1960s, foreign model?

4 – Qupid Katz Mules

Here we have a classic, easy to wear mule. How could I not include one? The cheetah print on the straps is wearable yet fun and flirty, and the neutral tones are easy to wear for anyone. If cheetah isn’t quite your style, they also come in a tomato-y orange, which will look fantastic with a white jumpsuit and matching orange tassel earrings. Spring, here we come! And did you see the $29.99 price tag?

5 – Sbicca Alysheba Heels

Holy moly! These bright, multi-toned orange sandals will make any outfit pop this season. The separated straps display almost an ombré effect, adding another layer of cool. Their block heels add sophisticated wearability, and the faux suede upper adds a bohemian element. To die for!

6 – Bright Idea Woven Multicolored Wedge Heels

Just in time for graduation… the perfect spring wedges have arrived. A cascading rainbow of pastel Spring shades… woven into the bottom of the shoe. Just divine! The white upper with metal detailing upper adds some edginess, and everything at Nasty Gal is 50 percent off right now, so hurry!

7 – Gap Block Heel Mules

Here we are again with the mules, just too classy not to include two. These pale pink ones from the Gap can honestly be worn during any season, with any outfit. The shade is slightly peachy and truly irresistible. And they’re on sale right now!

Everyone seems to forget about shoes when it comes to redoing their wardrobe for the season, don’t let that be you! Complete your Spring wardrobe with these beautiful new shoes. 

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Madeline Wheeler is a journalist major with a focus in print and online journalism at VCU. In her free time, she enjoys drinking floral teas, going to underground concerts in smoky basements, and hunting for keys to the past in antique stores.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!