Style

Shoe Trends You Need to Keep on Your Radar This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Shoes can truly make-or-break an outfit, so it’s pretty crucial to pair up the right ones with your outfit!

Believe it or not, for the past several years there have been a lot of major comebacks in the fashion world. Scrunchies, boot-cut jeans, visors, chokers and even fanny packs are making their way back on the market. Platform shoes have also been seen debuting the streets again with lots of versatile styles! The height boosting trend allows heels, sandals and sneakers to easily become your next staple for comfort this season!

Shop these nude platform mules on Lulu’s for only $33 (they’re also made from soft vegan suede… what’s not to love?) It also comes in red and black!

If you’re looking for something more casual for everyday wear, try these platform sneakers from J. Adams for only $32!

Espadrilles are a style that has been rebounding every single summer to bless everyone with the double whammy of convenience and flair. The canvas inspired kicks definitely gives off vacation vibes but don’t underestimate the comfort they’ll give you. Whether it be a casual day look or a long, late, comfort-seeking night, you can definitely count on these babies to catch everyone’s eye. For comfort and simplicity, check out these Flatformed Espadrilles by ASOS for $50! Yes they are platformed and espadrilles… what’s better? 

For a more sophisticated look… these Mia Renita Heeled Espadrilles will probably fit you better! For only $47.96 on Buckle! 

Take my word on this, sneakers can be paired with everything to pull a ‘fit together (yes, sometimes even with dresses). Street style can be snatched with a perfect set of sneakers to give off a laid-back look and even a chic modern look with a classic jeans and white sneaker combo. With that all being said, a trusty pair of tennis shoes/sneakers are enough to keep you maintaining your favorite ensembles with ease. 

Chunky sneakers are back and better than ever! You’ll be thanking these Adidas Falcon’s later for the comfort and easy all-around look! They go with almost everything

To all you sporty and sleek trendsetters, these are the sneakers for you! The Nike Air Max Dia also comes in tons of colorways, so go wild!

Let’s all be real, shoe shopping can be easy if the climate in your area is actually consistent to some extent. I think we all know that the weather can be really unpredictable in our area. We’ve all been caught in a storm with some (now ruined) tennis shoes or even sandals. So here are some weatherproof shoes to keep you prepared and stylish for the forecast of the day.  

Rain boots and weatherproof shoes, in general, are essential for the days with predicted showers to pair with jeans and a sweater in the upcoming cooler months. There are also many color options and I personally was not aware of this, but come in knee/ankle height styles! 

Check out these Jeffrey Campbell Cloudy Waterproof Chelsea Rain Boots at Nordstrom for only $59.95!

For a water-resistant boot that gives more coverage and a more fitting for puddle jumping, try these Wellington Boots from Joules Field for only $36.10!

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Victoria grew up in Northern Virginia and is a Junior at VCU this year. She is majoring in Mass Communications with a concentration in Digital Journalism and dreams of pursuing a career involved in Fashion Editing. She loves traveling, listening to music 24/7, and learning about new cultures.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!