Scary-Good Halloween Cookie Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

This time of year candy is great and all, but if you’re more of a cookie person and still want to get into the Halloween spirit, these fun and easy Halloween cookie recipes are the way to go! These recipes don’t just satisfy that sweet tooth, they also happen to be utterly adorable, with delightful candy corn color schemes and sprinkles galore! Whether you’re planning a Halloween party or just a fun night in, these cookies are sure to be a hit!

Ultra-Soft Candy Corn Cookies

Candy Corn has become something of a staple around Halloween; nothing screams Halloween quite like it. These playful cookies use the classic orange, white and yellow color scheme of candy corn. This recipe from Creme de la Crumb is a super-easy way to satisfy that sweet tooth!

Orange Creamsicle Sugar Cookies

You can never really go wrong with a classic sugar cookie. Not only are these sugar cookies a delightful way to welcome fall, but they are also a wistful nod to summer! This recipe from Cooking Classy is sure to be loved by all!

Almond Meringue Ghost Cookies

Meringue is hands down one of the most impressive desserts of all time. These cute meringue cookies are decorated as ghosts for Halloween, but they can be customized for any holiday! Make sure to give this recipe from Creme de la Crumb a try!

Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

If you are a person who appreciates a subtler nod to Halloween, then these cookies are for you! These cookies add the seasonal spice of pumpkin to the classic combination of oats and chocolate chips. You should definitely try this recipe from Ambitious Kitchen!

Mummy Milanos

Need a spooky goodie in a jiffy? This Halloween themed classic Milano cookie is just the thing for that last-minute party dessert! This recipe from Chelsea’s Messy Apron only takes minutes to make.

Salted Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Cookies

Each of these delicious cookies is stuffed with a fun-sized Milky Way before baking. To make the cookie dough extra dark, this recipe from Life, Love and Sugar calls for Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder. Sprinkle with sea salt and get ready to devour!

Jack-O’-Lantern Cookies

What screams Halloween more than a classic jack-o’-lantern? With this recipe from Everyday Dishes and DIY, you can create your own edible pumpkin patch by putting these pumpkin-shaped treats in a bowl of crushed cookies. 

Grim Reaper Cookies

These grim reaper skeleton cookies are perfect for showing off your decorating skills! Off this list, these cookies take the most time to make, but will surely be worth it when you’re complimented for the intense detail. Try this recipe for these from Semi Sweet Designs!

Eating Halloween candy is always a tradition, but these recipes will help you try something new. Halloween cookies are an easy way to satisfy that sweet tooth while also getting into the spooky spirit! These quick and delicious recipes are sure to be a big hit at that Halloween party or to eat while watching classic Halloween movies!

Tara is a junior HPEX health science major at Virginia Commonwealth University. She likes hanging out with friends and family, trying out new places to eat and scrolling through dog videos in her free time.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!