This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

If you have read any of my other articles, you would know that I hate makeup. I hate wearing it, but still have way more than the average girl should have. Lately, I have been trying out some new looks and have perfected the perfect quick and easy summer makeup look. The look takes less than eight products and only takes five minutes or so to apply. Here are all the products I used, but of course you can mix and match to fit your makeup preferences:

Lets get started!

Moisturizer

To begin any makeup, you always need moisturizer! For the summer, I like to use the Tatcha Water Cream because it is so light weight on the skin, which is perfect for the summer. I apply a small amount of this all over my face and let it dry so that my face is not tacky before I apply my eye makeup.

Concealer

I apply small dots of the concealer to my under eyes, nose area, forehead and chin. I then blend it out with my Eco Tools tiny blender sponge. I used the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Café Con Leche. To be honest, I never liked this concealer when using it with a full face of makeup, but using it straight to the face is life changing. The product is very creamy and this shade blends out beautifully into my skin to gives a very subtle highlight to my under eyes while concealing any discoloration or dark circles. 

Eyeliner

Personally, I love to use a brown eyeliner. Since I have blue eyes, the brown really brings out the blue in my eyes while still looking very natural. It makes it hard to detect that you are even wearing eyeliner at all! My favorite for years has been the Mineral Fusion eyeliner in shade Rough. I apply this to my upper lash line to give the appearance of fuller lashes. I like to slightly over-line my upper lashes to give a somewhat of a cat-eye effect, but only very lightly!

Mascara

After eyeliner, I curl my lashes and then apply a brown mascara. Again, I think the brown brings out the blue in my eyes and gives a more natural and soft look. I currently use the Covergirl Lashblast Volume mascara in shade brown, although I am looking for a new one to try out. 

Brow Gel

To lock my brows into place for the day as well as give the appearance of fuller brows, I use my CHOSUNGAH 22 Dong Gong Minn Brow Maker in light blonde. This is a product I have repurchased because it is amazing. I have always had trouble finding brow products for my blonde eyebrows as most brow products tend to be on the darker side. 

Skin Mist

To finish off my look, I like to spray the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist all over my face. Sometimes, I spray this onto my face before I start to give my skin a huge breath of fresh air. This skin mist is great for cooling down your face on hot, summer days. I also love the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, which is a much more affordable option!

I hope you try out this super simple spring/summer makeup tutorial! It is super simple and can be done so, so quickly.

Photo Credits: Cover, Image 1 made on Polyvore.com, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Meagan is a Junior at Virginia Commonwealth University obtaining a degree in bachelor of Science (B.S) with a concentration in Health Science. Meagan would describe herself as a free spirit whose goal in life is to be happy. She is interested in natural and organic beauty products and enjoys fashion and makeup. Although she does not label herself as vegan, she tries to eat mostly plant-based. Meagan's career goal is to be a health and wellness writer for a company. She will be graduation in the year 2020. Currently, Meagan is an active She enjoys all things natural beauty and sustainability. She was born and raised in Northern Virginia where she lived with her Mom, Dad, and older brother who attends Virginia Tech.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!