The Perfect Study Break Playlist

With classes already in full swing, the study grind starts to feel never-ending. Times at the library can often feel like torture, and if you’re a procrastinator like me, they can feel even worse. As much as I enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done on my assignments, getting through them all is a challenge. 

For most students, study breaks are crucial to getting through the mountains of homework on our plates. For me, filling my study breaks with music is how I get out of a mental funk and it is what keeps me motivated to grind. 

Feel-good tunes are always a perfect escape from our college responsibilities. Here is a quick pick-me-up playlist for your next study break: 

Goodie Bag by Still Woozy

This song started randomly playing on my Spotify one day and it immediately caught my attention. The funky beats, lyrics and vocals captivate you and keep you listening. I often find myself daydreaming whenever I listen to this song, happy to be out of my own reality for a little while. This is definitely a feel-good song on my playlist that can lift my spirits quickly, just from its uniqueness.

Still Feel. by Half Alive

Have you ever listened to a song where you feel an indescribable feeling of bliss in your chest? That is this song, another funky track that makes me feel happy inside. Whenever this song comes on my Spotify I can’t help but sing along, or often scream along, to the lyrics.

I quite literally feel alive whenever I listen to this one. This song blaring in the car with the windows down will always be unbeatable. 

Bellyache by Billie Eilish

Okay, I just couldn’t make this playlist without Billie in it. She might even be on here twice. I feel like Billie’s style of music is perfect for study breaks because of her calming vibe, and “Bellyache” is just one example. Listening to her beautifully sing about losing her mind is oddly relaxing and almost addicting.

I’ve only recently discovered this one and I’ve probably streamed it over 500 times so far. 

Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked by Cage The Elephant

This is an oldie but a goodie. The guitar introduction at the beginning of this song is always enough to get me hype and feeling good, especially after a tough study session. Even though the lyrics are a bit cynical, it is still an entertaining song to listen and sing along to. Honestly, whenever I hear this song, I feel like a bit of a renegade.

I would recommend this one if you’re in a creative slump and need to feel inspired again.

Hawaiian Party by Cub Sport

Like “Goodie Bag,” this song also helps me get out of my own head for a little while. This is the perfect end of summer song for when you want to fantasize about the memories you’ve made over the past few months with your friends. Although this song could seem like torture when you’re stuck indoors, this track is so calming that it can ease you back into your studying groove when you’re ready. I also enjoy feeling like the lead singer is serenading me.

Sunflower by Rex Orange County

I can’t help but smile whenever this song starts playing on my Spotify. This song is so uplifting to listen to when I’m in a bummed out mood or behind on my assignments. It helps me to realize that things will be okay, even when I’m stressing out and feel like I’m about to break down. Even though it’s a little cheesy, it’s also very catchy.

You Should See Me in a Crown by Billie Eilish

Yes, here it is, the other Billie bop. Like “Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked," this song makes me feel like I can pretty much do anything. The intense beat and lyrics hype me up for the work I have ahead. It is the perfect song to turn on when you have to study or do homework. Listen to this song and remember to be a badass like Billie.

Photo credit: 1