Our Valentine’s Day Social

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Over the past weekend, Her Campus VCU held its first Valentine’s Day Social in the University Student Commons. Our social brought students together to celebrate a holiday of love in a fun and clean way. Unlike a lot of the hype surrounding Valentine’s Day, students were not pressured to have a date to celebrate the holiday. Instead, all students, whether single or taken, were welcome to join the fun!

The social started at 8 PM and ended at 12 AM; within that time, we provided activities such as craft-making, socializing over music, games to undue Starburst wrappers in the mouth, a relay, raffles, and the giving away of goody bags from RVA Play and Mary Kay. 

We are pleased to have planned the first successful event this semester and hope to plan more in the future. Hopefully everyone enjoyed the night! Keep an eye out because we are only going to do it even bigger next time! 

HCXO,
Her Campus VCU

Photocredit: Ashley Crist

Chelsea is a Her Campus alumnae and the Cofounder and former President and Editor-In-Chief of Virginia Commonwealth University's Her Campus chapter. Chelsea has diverse professional experience thanks to her many internships in college. Her experience includes working in the research department at Viacom's MTV, assisting the CEO of a boutique jewelry brand in NYC, and working at an English tourist magazine in Japan. Beyond her professional life, Chelsea is inspired by fashion, finance, all things Harry Potter, her dream of working for a company she loves, and her travels. Chelsea turns to Sailor Moon episodes and Harry Potter soundtracks when life gets tough. Also a good amount of shopping, traveling, and making memories with loved ones will maintain her status quo.Connect!LinkedIn Instagram: @chelsskubo