This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Dear “fall” weather,

Please catch up. When I say this, I mean that it is almost November and there are days where the high will be 80 degrees. Why is this? I just want to have achieve my ideal fall look: a long sleeve shirt, a jean jacket, maybe a nice skirt and some knee-high socks. However, no one that I know of – on campus or in another state entirely – can truly enjoy the climate right now.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, because I have noticed that you’ve been trying. Some days, the high will barely reach 60 degrees, which is GREAT. Everyone is happy. We get to wear what we want without sweating by noon or having to change clothes. It’s what we’ve been waiting for, and what we all imagine when we think of ideal autumnal weather.

But recently? It hasn’t been too great.

I’m tired of feeling overdressed by noon. I would like it if you could be somewhat stable throughout the whole day, instead of me planning three separate outfits for when I expect the weather (you) to take a weird turn, you know? Again, like I said, it’s not just here in Richmond, but pretty much everywhere in the U.S. I know most of it is probably our fault due to global warming, but please give us one more shot. I promise we’ll try to be better inhabitants of this Earth and not make everything worse for once!

Just to solidify my point, when I think of fall, I think of this:

NOT this:

I’m glad we had this talk, and I’ll keep in touch! I really hope that you try to turn things around in the next few weeks. PLEASE.

Sincerely,

Someone who is tired of Summer Pt. II

Photo credits: cover, 1, 2, 3

Brezaja is a sophomore studying film in the School of the Arts at Virginia Commonwealth University. When not writing articles for Her Campus at VCU, you can usually find them endlessly browsing Netflix or checking social media, mostly Instagram and Twitter. They try to be as open-minded as possible, and don't mind having conversations with others about social issues. After college, they dream of being an art director for films.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!