An Open Letter to My Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Dear Best Friend,

Look at how far we’ve come! Our lives have been a roller coaster of a journey, and I’m so glad I’ve had you along the ride. From Netflix marathons to road trips, you’ve always been there. And I know we joke about it, but there’s truly no one else that could understand me and my insane ways the way you do. I’m so lucky. You’re beautiful, smart, and can make me laugh until I cry. You accept me in all my forms, whether I’m hype on a sugar rush, or on the verge of a meltdown. You inspire me to be the best me I can be. And don’t even get me started on all the fun we have together.  Some people may need a flashy scene for a good time, but all we need are sweatpants, a dramatic Lifetime movie, and a pizza.  I just love the fact that we’re completely content just being in in each other’s presence. But even when we’re not physically together, I can always count on you texting me your random thoughts throughout the day. And what makes our friendship perfect is that you’re just as weird as I am. You’re the Thelma to my Louise. Not that I plan on driving off a cliff with you any time soon. We have too much left to accomplish in this world, especially together.  Trips around the world. Standing for a cause. Driving our future husbands insane with our antics. There’s just so much to do. And I know whatever we do, we’ll always go into it with a smile because our friendship makes everything a trillion times more fun and exciting. When I look back at my life when I’m old and grey, I know I’ll remember all of our crazy moments. The good, the bad, and everything in between. And every day I’ll try my best to be as great a friend as you are to me. You’re more than a friend, you’re a sister. I’ll always have your back, and I’ll always be there to pick you up when you’re down. 

Thanks for being you, and never forget how much I appreciate all you do.

Love,

Shadé

Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!