This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Spring makeup is just the cutest. Brands usually try to release pretty, light shades that come tinted with happy colors. This trend also goes for the packaging, so you can quickly create a dreamy pastel cosmetic collection on your vanity. Here are some new higher-end Spring cosmetics that will complete your makeup stash.

1 – Tarte Icy Betch Palette

Who isn’t an icy betch every once in a while? This beachy palette just launched and is very original and summery. White whites and bright blues are rarely the focal point of an eyeshadow palette, and it definitely isn’t the best for everyday wear, unless you’re a true makeup diva (A.K.A. a boss a*s betch). The shadows are made with Amazonian clay as well, so they glide on like a dream and last allllllll day. Pack this for your next vaca to the ocean blue.

2 – Too Faced’s Updated Cocoa Contour and Highlight Palette

Everybody’s favorite face palette has gotten a makeover… now with an extra shade of both highlighter and bronzer. What hasn’t changed is the delectable scent of chocolate that will make your mouth water every time you open the palette. Too Faced recently updated the palette and it is now more suitable for a greater range of skin tones, which is always appreciated.

3 – NARS Orgasm Oil Infused Lip Tint

NARS’s famous shimmery orangey-pink blush has had many brother and sister cosmetics from the brand, but a tinted lip oil is a first. The tint includes raspberry seed oil and pomegranate extract for hydration and an antioxidant boost. A little bit of shimmer and a non-sticky shiny finish make this lip product a go-to for Spring and Summer this year.

4 – Anastasia Riviera Eyeshadow Palette

Anastasia’s newest palette has all the bright colors of Spring and Summer and would be absolutely perfect to take on a trip to the islands. Many of the shades are shimmery, which look beautiful in the light of a sunset for the ultimate selfie. Pink is the dominant shade in the palette, with a neon matte shade, a peachy slightly shimmery shade and a shimmery hibiscus pink shade. The palette is perfect for combining to make jewel tone smokey eyes or using alone for a pop of color on the lid. Each palette includes its own double-ended eyeshadow brush.

5 – Pat McGrath Labs Eye Ecstasy Eyeshadow and Mascara Set

Pat McGrath (the queen of high fashion runway makeup) has a new addition to her highly coveted and hard-to-find line of cosmetics. This eyeshadow, loose Angel pigment and mascara set is the most affordable release McGrath has ever had. According to the description, the set will induce “psychedelic pleasure” which sounds alright to me. The shades are nuder than anything else, making them extremely wearable for every day and outfit.

Once your next paycheck clears, head over to Sephora and get these new Spring beauties before they’re gone for good!

Photo credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

Madeline Wheeler is a journalist major with a focus in print and online journalism at VCU. In her free time, she enjoys drinking floral teas, going to underground concerts in smoky basements, and hunting for keys to the past in antique stores.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!