Must Try Lattes Close to Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

I’ve been on quite the caffeine craze recently, with lattes being my coffee of choice. Here are some of my favorite places close to VCU that in my opinion, serve up some amazing (and picture worthy) lattes:

1. Whisk

Just a short six-minute drive from campus is probably my favorite coffee shop in Richmond, Whisk. Their lattes never disappoint, and the macaroons are to die for. If you are in the mood for something savory, make sure to try the Parisian sandwich. It’s simple, yet perfect for any lunch craving. 

2. Lamplighter

Lamplighter is a great spot to get some coffee and hang with friends. It is a short walk off of campus and has a really neat and modern atmosphere. The lattes are outstanding, and if you order one iced, it comes in a cute mason jar that is totally Instagram-worthy.

3. Alchemy

Located right on Broad Street, Alchemy is great if you are looking for something really close to campus. Whether you’re just popping in to grab a drink, or there to spend the afternoon, Alchemy’s lattes are an excellent option. The chemistry theme makes the shop itself and the environment really unique compared to other local coffee spots.

4. Lift

Known for the angel wings painting on the back patio, Lift is a super cute place to spend the day. Their menu is practically endless, so there is bound to be something for everyone. I ordered a caramel latte last time I went, and I would definitely recommend it. It is super close to campus so it is a great spot to relax and get some work done. Taking pictures by the wings is a MUST! Let’s be honest, do you really go to VCU if you haven’t taken a picture with the wings at Lift? 

photos by Sarah Carr

Sarah Carr

Virginia Tech '20

Sarah is a current senior majoring in multimedia journalism and minoring in sociology. 
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!