This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

The cold months of 2019 are speeding by and so is the wintry mix of wind and freezing temps (thank goodness). The time to ditch the puffy jackets, turtlenecks and scarf-glove combo has come. Of course, in a lovely exchange for the pastel hues, dresses and sandals hiding in the back of our closets. The season of shivers and layering is handing it over to the new wave of bright, bold accessories and printed patterns!

Spring is my favorite season to break out the fashionista in me without having to worry about lugging around a coat or humidity eating me alive. It’s pretty much “just right” as Goldilocks would say.

To contrast the romantic, flirty shades that frequently make a comeback during spring, style icons have been hinting at simple patterns with bold colors this season. Some recurring themes of recent decades include simplistic pieces, such as a plain white tee, distressed jeans and a scrunchie. Monochrome outfits can be brought to life with a statement piece like jewelry, shoes or printed bag! While the season switches out into the warmer weather, now is the perfect time to go out on a whim and expand your fashion horizons! That’s exactly why I got you covered with some ideas to upgrade your spring wardrobe for 2019 and any other year after that!

1. Suit up!

This blazer and shorts combo hints at sophistication while also giving tons of leeway for accessories. The trend could be styled perfectly with pumps for a professional laid-back look or even your favorite platform sneakers for a casual day out to run errands in style. Make sure to pick up a loose-fitting jacket instead of the fitted formal blazer in order to get the comfy look.

2. Animal Print!

This trend has always seemed to come and go over the years but there’s no denying it should be a staple piece in everyone’s closet. Whether it be cheetah, zebra, leopard or snakeskin, these statements will definitely turn heads. It adds a perfect amount of flare without going too over the top. Styling animal prints with solid colors and/or monochrome shoes will undoubtedly send you out looking fierce!

3. The New And Improved Fanny Pack! With this all-in-one trend, it’s basically a revamped fanny pack. You can easily style one of these with a plain outfit to add a splash of color or texture to any look! A super innovative accessory to make everyone’s lives so much easier.

4. Chunky Hoop Earrings!

Hoop earrings have also been a common staple in fashion for decades. These chunky designed hoops will definitely spice up any look ASAP, with the thickness of the jewelry drawing more attention to your face!

I hope these few accessories and styling ideas fuel some imaginary thinking for your outfit this season!

Image Credits (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Victoria grew up in Northern Virginia and is a Junior at VCU this year. She is majoring in Mass Communications with a concentration in Digital Journalism and dreams of pursuing a career involved in Fashion Editing. She loves traveling, listening to music 24/7, and learning about new cultures.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!