Member of the Week: Erica Dabney

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Erica Dabney is an editorial team member for Her Campus VCU. After only two semesters at VCU on the Her Campus team, Dabney has had multiple national article shares and continues to write relatable and personal pieces. She is 19 years old and a freshman studying Mass Communications. Dabney is an active member of WVCUW which is a student run radio at VCU, SAVES (Students Advocating Violence Education and Support) and Ram Pantry. Although Erica is busy with meetings for her numerous organizations, classes and a social life, she takes out time to enjoy music, blogging, eating, and hanging with friends. Some of her favorite artists include Drake and Beyoncé, but she listens to several other Hip Hop and RnB artists.

On busy days Erica likes to turn to her “go to outfit” which is leggings, a t-shirt, a jacket, a scarf, and a hat, but even in this outfit she slays. No matter how busy the day, Erica does not joke about her food; she loves tacos and potatoes. As a Richmond local she knows where to get the best of the best food. Dabney is actually not a big fan of TV; she spends a lot of time on YouTube watching videos. When she is not on the Internet, Dabney enjoys shopping; some of her favorite stores are Urban Outfitters, H&M, and Marshalls.

Erica Dabney puts in a lot of work into her classes, organizations, and her writing. World-renowned woman, Oprah Winfrey, inspires her; Erica’s 2K followers on twitter basically prove that her fan base is growing already.  Her long-term goal is to be successful in school so her future will be bright, and she works towards this goal every day. Her comedic views, strong personality, and head-turning sense of style make her an inspiring person to be around. If you want to know more about Erica Dabney you can check out her profile and articles here.

Amritha Nair is a double major in Psychology and Business Management at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is a member of many organizations on campus including greek life and numerous philanthropic organizations. Her writing has always been an outlet for her; her favorite pieces to write are short stories and poems that usually reflect personal experience or are inspired by other works of art. Other than writing, Amritha loves to swim, shop online, read, and binge watch shows on Netflix. Her heart lies with her family, close friends, and ice cream. You can follow her on twitter and Instagram at amrithanair16!
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!