Member of the Week: Brezaja Hutcheson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Whether it was drawing on the window in the Student Commons during homecoming, snapping pictures for an article or writing weekly content Brezaja is always willing to work hard for the Her Campus at VCU team. Brezaja’s talent and incredible personality really stand out. This collegiette is definitely one you’ll want to know!

Name: Brezaja Hutcheson

Hometown: Montclair, New Jersey

Major: Art Foundations

Year: Freshman

Why did you choose VCU?

Because of the School of the Arts (VCU Arts is the top public art school in the country!)

What is your favorite thing about VCU?

The sense of community and campus life

Why did you decide to join Her Campus at VCU?

Because I enjoy writing and photography, and I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity for my voice to be heard.

What has been your favorite thing about Her Campus at VCU?

Our Editorial meetings, and the fun games we play before them.

What is your favorite article you’ve written?

An Open Letter to Freshman Dealing With Their Roommate(s)”.

If you could give one piece of advice to students considering VCU what would it be?

To strongly consider attending VCU because it has a great sense of community, there are many majors to choose from, and there are many opportunities available to students to help them thrive and be successful even after graduating.

What is your absolute dream job?

My dream job would be to become an art director for films.

Where do you want to live after graduation?

New York

What’s one thing you wish more people knew about you?

That I’m not as quiet once people get to know me better.

In the movie of your life, what actor/actress plays you and why?

Amandla Stenberg would play me, because I think that she is very ambitious, artistic and passionate about whatever she puts her energy into, like me.

Photo credit: Chelsea Schmidt

Jessica is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at VCU, a Chapter Advisor and a retired Campus Expansion Assistant. She will graduate in May 2017, earning Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies. Her core areas of study include photography, journalism and media studies. In addition to school and her work with Her Campus, Jessica works at her university library as an information associate.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!