Member of the Week: Angelique Ellorin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Angie was a member of the Her Campus at VCU editorial team until she graduated in May 2016. I was able to sit down with her and get to know her a bit better and learn more about her experience with Her Campus at VCU. 

1.    What your biggest pet peeve?

When people are condescending when they talk to others. I hate when people look down on other people in general.

2.    If you could go anywhere in the world with only one person where and with who?

I would go to Disney with my little, Jessica. We always talk about it so it’d be nice to finally actually do it! 

3.    When you were younger what was your first career goal?

(i.e when I grow up I want to be ……) – mine was professional flower girl.

It’s kinda embarrassing, but I wanted to be a professional solitare player. I don’t even know if those exist, but it says a lot about how lonely my childhood was. 

4.    What’s one word to describe the way you feel when one of your articles goes up on the site?

Anxious-excited. I hope that counts as one word, but I’m excited to have another opportunity to write and submit a piece with Her Campus as well as anxious about how it will be received, especially by my friends and family! 

5. What has HC taught you about how you approach stations in life?

Working with Her Campus has taught me to keep calm no matter what’s going on and to never settle and keep pushing for more. 

6. One big mark you want to leave on HCVCU?

I hope the a mark I can leave on the HCVCU is to be confident in your ideas. I think one of the best things about our team is how supportive we are of one another and it really helps in eventually feeling confident in yourself. 

7. If you could do things all over again would you have changed about your experience in HCVCU?

I wish I applied sooner!  I love writing about VCU, interviewing people for campus profiles, uplifting articles, my experiences, and just about anything else that I can make sassy comments on! 

Saiounia is a 20 year old Broadcast Journalism major studying at Virginia Commonwealth University. Her name is pronounced (Say-oh-knee-uhh). She is originally from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Saiounia is a food junkie and loves adventure. In her spare time she can be found at local food festivals and family owned coffee shops.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!