This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Lauren Walker

Age: 21

Hometown: Charlottesville, VA

Year: In my third year, but graduating early in December

Major: Strategic Advertising

Relationship Status: Taken, by my boyfriend and my puppy

What about VCU inspires you the most?

The ability to be able to go out and do anything within a few minutes, as well as the acceptance of all our students.

Where’s your favorite spot in Richmond?

I would have to say my favorite place right now is Deep Run Park, it’s a little farther out of the city but totally worth the drive on a nice day if you bring your dog with you!

What’s your favorite food?

Pizza. Always pizza.

What makes you so confident?

I wouldn’t consider myself an extremely confident person, but what makes me feel like I can do anything is the support I get from my family. I know that they would be happy with anything I wanted to do in life and trust that I can make the right decisions for myself.

What’s one of your “super secret” beauty tips that you’re willing to share?

Water! I am sure many people already know this secret but it is a good one. If you start drinking more water every day you will notice after a while that your skin is happier, brighter and overall you will just feel better.

Who is your celebrity crush?

Chris Hemsworth, yes please.

What’s your ideal first date?

A low-key night where we can cook dinner together and just hang out. It shows effort if he cooks and you can actually get to know one another more than if you go to a crowded restaurant or a movie.

What’s a fun fact about you?

I have a little pug puppy named Pickles. For anyone that knows me well they know that he is my life. It is the best feeling in the world to come home and have a puppy that wants to play and spend all their time with you. There is no truer love than a dog’s.

Also he has an instagram, he has more followers than a normal person…

What’s something that a lot of people don’t know about you?

I am addicted to watching beauty YouTube videos. I can spend hours watching videos on makeup, hair and clothing hauls. It can be a big distraction.

^^(Me too, Lauren, you are not alone!)

Chantelle is from Virginia Beach, VA, and is currently a Junior at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is a Psychology Major with a Minor in Gender Sexuality and Women's Studies. She is an intense lover of comedy and is always looking for a reason to laugh. Her hobbies include dance, theatre, reading, and watching a lot t.v. You will usually find her dancing in a mirror, at a play or musical, filling her tummy with exotic foods, or crying over a piece of malfunctioning technology. She is an avid feminist, and loves helping people of all walks of life. After graduation she hopes to continue on to earn her Ph.D in Child Psychology and spend the rest of her days making young little humans smile more. You can find her spreading wisdom on Twitter @chantelltelle 
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!