jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

If College Had a Refresh Button

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

You’re running late. Your hair is a mess, you need coffee and all you want is to be back in bed. There’s many things you could have done differently. That assignment due today, you could have started it on time, watched less Netflix and you could have gone to bed early but you didn’t. If only life had a refresh button. A magical button that would allow you to start over and not procrastinate. This is what college life would be like if we had a refresh button.

Guilt-free spare time.

You know the feeling. You’re cozy, bundled up and seven episodes deep into SVU when your mind wanders and you realize that you have an assignment due the next day. You play through your schedule and try to find a gap in which you can finish the assignment. Your mind then wanders to the fact that you need a new spring wardrobe. If life had a refresh button you could go back a week and finish the assignment while it was still fresh in your mind. 

Sleep. Lots of sleep.

Who doesn’t love sleep? Getting assignments done on time not only leads to guilt-free spare time, but it also means you can go to bed early. Whether or not you go to bed before midnight depends. Were you able find a good stopping point for SVU? 

5,000 percent effort.

Having lots of energy and being stress free will allow you to put in all of your effort. Not that you aren’t doing that now but if you’re anything like me, my effort can come in short bursts. It all depends on how tired I am.  

Appreciation from the person that matter, you.

You’ve been working hard and you should be proud of yourself. You can enjoy the good things in life all because of the fact that you took an extra hour or two and finished an assignment on time. If life had a refresh button, you would be the best you and let’s face it, you’d be undefeated. 

Hair, eyebrows and wings on fleek.

Due to the fact that you’re going to bed early and stress free, you’ll wake up in the morning with the energy to shower, do your makeup and eat a good breakfast. Imagine doing this every day, it sounds exhausting but you’d have that extra oomph to get you through the morning. 

Jocelin is a sophomore at Virginia Commonwealth University where she is studying print journalism with a minor in general business. In between classes and work, she enjoys drinking coffee, watching Netflix, and working out. She hopes to one day be the editor-in-chief of a magazine and live in NYC. She is a Pinterest enthusiast and loves DIY projects.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!