courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Know you Found Your “Person”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Every Meredith needs a Christina, and every Christina needs a Meredith.  Sometimes when you find the Christina to your Meredith you may not even know it, but there are a few things that make your relationship with this person so special that you can only call them one thing, your person.

You both don’t go a day without communicating with each other.

Whether you are best friends on Snapchat, and your snap streak is more than 50, or you Facetime every night, your day is unfinished until you talk to each other.

They know your exact feelings toward everyone you talk to.

Your person knows who exactly you need rescuing from at a party, who you can’t stand on your team and when they need to pretend to be your girlfriend/boyfriend so you can escape.

Errands are basically dates.

Picking up laundry, getting school supplies and grocery shopping have become regular dates for the both of you. It starts with a text that reads “My mom’s making me go buy milk, wanna come?” and ends with your mom asking why it took three hours to get milk.

You have texted or do text each other’s parents.

It doesn’t matter if you are out of town, because you will get a picture of he/she and your mom at the movies. It isn’t weird anymore when you don’t answer and they go through your mom to get to you.

They’ll lay in silence with you when you need it.

When your tough day ends, they know the only thing you need is to lay on your bed in silence. They know exactly when you are ready to finally talk, and only with them, it’s not weird when all you need is quiet.

It’s you both against the world.

You can rely on them to always have your back, even when you’re the person who messed up and everything is your fault.  They don’t care that you’re wrong; it doesn’t matter, because it’s okay for them to be wrong with you.

You get separation anxiety as soon as they leave your house.

It’s nothing out of the ordinary getting a text two minutes after they leave, because you miss them as soon as they step out the door. Your plans don’t start or end, but they have just morphed into one endless plan.

People have actually questioned if the two of you are in a committed relationship.

It’s not weird when people assume you both are dating or together, because the two of you practically are. You don’t blame them for asking because you are always with each other.

You can read each other’s face word for word.

They don’t even have to open their mouth for you to know exactly what they think and how they feel. A simple look tells you everything you need to know.

You never have to worry about losing them.

There are some relationships you have to try to make work, but this one, is effortless. You don’t have to worry about hurting their feelings or losing them because you know they will always be in your life.

You don’t have to perform a life saving surgery with your person, but take time this thanksgiving and thank them. If you are lucky enough to have a person, cherish it. Sabrina Raj, I thank you for being my person. 

Amritha Nair is a double major in Psychology and Business Management at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is a member of many organizations on campus including greek life and numerous philanthropic organizations. Her writing has always been an outlet for her; her favorite pieces to write are short stories and poems that usually reflect personal experience or are inspired by other works of art. Other than writing, Amritha loves to swim, shop online, read, and binge watch shows on Netflix. Her heart lies with her family, close friends, and ice cream. You can follow her on twitter and Instagram at amrithanair16!
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!