This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

All-nighters, junk food, coffee and wearing the same sweatpants every day for a week. Sound like your life recently? Well you, my friend, may be suffering from the ever-dreadful mid-semester slump. But don’t worry! We have the perfect solutions for you!

1. Take a walk outside.

The weather has been extra nice lately and after countless weeks of freezing temperatures and icy snow days, why shouldn’t you enjoy it? Try to take a nice walk around Belle Isle, Maymont or even around the corner to breathe in some fresh air.

2. Retail therapy

After countless hours of studying, don’t you think you deserve that cute party dress in Rumors? Yes!

3. Volunteer your time.

There’s nothing like helping someone else to lift your own spirits. Even if it’s just donating a pizza to the homeless in Monroe Park, try to donate some of your own time to lift the worry and stress off from an upcoming exam.

4. Drink water and eat those veggies!

Not only does your body need water in order to do its best, but it reduces headaches, helps clear your skin and increases your energy. So instead of double fisting Americanos, drink some water!

5. Set up a study playlist.

Let’s be honest. Studying feels like torture. So try to spice it up and make it more interesting, whether that means listening to 5th Symphony by Beethonven or Drunk in Love by Beyonce. Do you.

6. Just chill! 

Take an hour and try to just watch one episode on Netflix (*cough* try *cough*). You can paint your nails, try a new hairstyle or just take a power nap. Just make time for yourself and recouperate from the destruction that midterms can cause. 

Credit: http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/how-to/2012/16-ways-to-destress

India Jones is a student at Virginia Commonwealth University majoring in Marketing and Fashion Merchandising. India has interned in Public Relations and Digital Marketing from multiple companies and was a contrubiting writer for the Commonwealth Times. 
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!