10 Underrated Candidates For Sexiest Man Alive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Chris Evans was announced as People’s 2022 Sexiest Man Alive last weekend, and the internet, my mom and I were extremely pleased. However, while I appreciate People’s choice this year, I feel like they’ve made some less-than-stellar choices in the past (M*l G*bson and Bl*ke Sh*lton?!) in addition to picking only A-listers, so the underdogs never get a chance. So, dear People, please refer to this list when deciding who will be 2023’s Sexiest Man Alive.

Elijah Hewson

I was going to gatekeep Elijah from this list, but I’ve decided to share his good looks and talent with the world. For those who don’t know, Elijah Hewson is an Irish hottie and the lead singer of the rock band Inhaler. BTW, his dad is Bono. Yes, I mean that Bono from U2.

Sam Claflin

Sam Claflin is a highly underrated actor, and he deserves every award for his chemistry with Lily Collins in “Love Rosie.” Like myself, I’m sure you swooned when he ate that sugar cube in “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.” Also, for those of you who are avid readers and enjoyed “Daisy Jones & The Six,” catch him as Billy Dunne in the mini-series based on the novel.

Justin Baldoni

Justin Baldoni captured viewers’ hearts everywhere (mine included) when “Jane the Virgin” debuted in 2014. The actor has pursued other endeavors since the hit TV show ended, such as podcasting, producing and directing. What’s hotter than a triple threat?

Glen Powell

It wasn’t until Glen Powell starred in “Top Gun: Maverick” that he became a household name, but my crush on Glen Powell started in 2015 when he played the ultimate jerk as Chad Radwell in “Scream Queens.” While his acting was phenomenal in the beach scene in “Top Gun: Maverick,” he also did a great job when he starred opposite Zoey Deutch in the Netflix rom-com “Set it Up.” If you want an extra dose of Glen Powell, he stars as another pilot in “Devotion,” currently playing in theaters.

Henry Golding

Henry Golding is such an underrated star in the film industry. However, his role in “Crazy Rich Asians” proved that his talent and hotness were here to stay. If you want to see Henry Golding’s gorgeous face on your laptop or TV screen, you must watch “A Simple Favor” to see him play a really hot dad.

Greg Tarzan Davis

In addition to Glen Powell, Greg Tarzan Davis also starred in “Top Gun: Maverick,” and you may recognize his adorable face from Season 18 of “Grey’s Anatomy.” While the actor hasn’t been in many movies, he’s just getting started as a Hollywood hottie. He’s teaming up with fellow Top Gun actor, Tom Cruise for “Mission: Impossible 7” in 2023.  

Toby Sebastian

I recently discovered that Florence Pugh has a brother, and NGL, he’s so cute. He’s a British actor; you may have seen him in this super underground show called “Game of Thrones.” Toby Sebastian also makes music and has a song called “Midnight” with his sister, who provides beautiful backing vocals.

Logan Lerman

Logan Lerman has been the internet’s boyfriend since the early days of Tumblr, and his dreamy new salt-and-pepper hair has secured his spot eternally. The actor seems to be pretty private, so it feels like Christmas Morning when a new photo of the “Percy Jackson” star is released. 

David Corenswet

David Corenswet is a “Netflix Original” sweetheart; the actor has been in three Netflix productions and recently starred in “Pearl” opposite Mia Goth. The hottie also has brains; David Corenswet went to an Ivy League school and Julliard. Did I mention that he’s 6’4”?

Jeremy Pope

Jeremy Pope is an exceedingly underrated talent. The actor and singer starred opposite David Corenswet in Netflix’s “Hollywood” and has been nominated for several Tony Awards. Last year, he showcased his extreme hotness at the Savage X Fenty Vol. 3 show and sped up everyone’s heartbeat.

Claudia Stewart is currently a senior at VCU, majoring in fashion merchandising with a minor in art history. She enjoys watching rom-coms, baking double chocolate chip cookies with her roommate, and finding the best spot for sushi in her free time. Stewart loves writing about pop culture, fashion, and beauty.