Her Campus VCU: Stories of Inspiration and Empowerment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Her Campus partnered with A Global Friendship to speak about female empowerment and encourage women to listen to their inner voice. This week the girls of Her Campus VCU reflected on their own lives, and many of them found they learned to listen to their inner voice by watching and learning from strong and empowered women. By sharing their stories, they hope to inspire you and others around them!

AGF’s movement inspired me to use my inner voice by being a boss. A boss is successful, well rounded, and an inspirational leader. As a college student, I pride myself on assimilating all of these qualities into my life, and compelling my fellow collegiettes to do the same! -Simren Bhatt, Junior

AGF’s movement inspired me to share my inner voice by holding positions in multiple organizations and gain leadership experience. I am currently in three organizations and hold positions in two of them, so I have learned to share my inner voice through getting involved on campus. -Allie Bailey, Junior

AGF’s movement inspired me to share my inner voice with my involvement in many organizations outside of my major. I want to destroy the stereotype that my ethnicity is “lazy” by doing as many things that I love doing. I have learned to share my voice by speaking out against racism, immigration laws, and sexism in and outside of my field. – Jessica Moreno, Sophomore

AGF’s movement inspired me to share my inner voice by pursuing my passion in writing. I am majoring in print/online journalism, and I hope to be an esteemed journalist in the future. I have learned to share my voice by pursuing my passion and looking up to powerful female journalists as role models. -Ashley Luck, Junior

AGF’s movement inspired me to share my inner voice by pursuing my passion of educating children. Children are our future; especially those who strive to stand out in the world. If my inner voice can speak up for myself then it can speak volumes for all the children around the world. – Taylor Mickel, Sophomore

AGF’s movement inspired me to share my inner voice by encouraging me to be involved in various organizations and companies within the VCU and Richmond communities. I have explored career opportunities, volunteer work and continued to pursue my passion for the arts, all the while double majoring in two fields that I love and believe will make my future a worthwhile and happy one. – Emily Gerber, freshman

AGF’s movement inspired me to share my inner voice by giving me the confidence to believe in my inner voice. My mom always told me to follow my inner voice and it has yet to steer me in the wrong direction from college, jobs and student organizations. I can’t wait to follow the journey my inner voice takes me on. -Logan Bogert, freshman

AGF’s movement inspired me to share my inner voice by giving me the motivation to be involved in my community. I have had the opportunity to participate in numerous community service projects where I have helped raise money, generate awareness and provide services for various organizations. -Katlyn Pierre, junior

AGF’s movement inspired me to share my inner voice by educating people on what women’s empowerment is all about. I watched as my young Black mother broke down every negative stereotype formed against her and I plan to do everything in my power to show the world what us women have to offer. -Erica Dabney, Freshman

AGF’s movement inspired me to share my inner voice by setting high standards for myself so that I can achieve my goals. I am an aspiring journalist and I hope to one day be able to write about topics that are of great importance, such as women’s empowerment, on a large scale. Words are powerful and I hope that my words can someday make an impact. -Katie Bashista, Freshman

AGF’s movement inspired me to share my inner voice by inspiring me to achieve any goal in my grasp.  As a full time barista and a student in STEM, no obstacle is too tough and no problem is too complex for me to solve when I work hard.  I intend to use my voice and my tough skin to let the world know that the possibilities for women are endless. – Katie Skinner, Senior

AGF’s movement inspired me to share my inner voice by allowing me to dream. It has encouraged me to pursue my goals and maintain positivity about the future. I will remember to listen to, and use my inner voice to remind others and myself that my dreams are valid and attainable if I continue to work hard and stay passionate. -Erin Dancy, Senior

AGF’s movement inspired me to share my inner voice by proving that all women can be professionals in any field. I plan to use my voice to encourage women and men to fight for the right of education. In anything that I do, I will be a professional and I will succeed. – Jocelin Amaya Diaz, Sophomore

AGF’s movement inspired me to share my inner voice by reminding me that it’s okay to fail sometimes as long as I keep trying. One mistake does not make me a failure, but sometimes it’s hard to remember that. As much as I can, I will try to remember this while also building up the women around me to do the same. -Angie Ellorin, Senior

Her Campus VCU Staff Account
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!