Her Campus VCU Reviews Urban Farmhouse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

One Saturday morning, I had the pleasure of brunching at Urban Farmhouse with a friend. A new one on Broad street just opened up, and I gotta say, it’s a beautiful place to spend your morning.

Urban Farmhouse is a market and cafe with five locations in Richmond, and one in Midlothian. They offer cozy settings with a cafe with a full coffee and espresso bar, as well as breakfast and lunch menus. The cafe is also quaintly decorated, with shelves of items for purchase. They stock retail items from local businesses, such as Red Eye Cookie Company, as well as mugs, t-shirts, and take-home condiments such as locally roasted coffee beans, organic coffee sweetener, organic ketchup and mustard.

I ordered a 16 oz Cafe Mocha to go with my special of the day breakfast sandwich, which was made with cage-free eggs and gouda cheese, garnished with apple and orange slices. Yum! And for the tea drinkers, my friend ordered an Earl Grey tea, which she apparently liked:

Then I ordered an Ambrosia Berry smoothie (sooo good) to take with me, which they made with almond milk at no extra cost.

I loved the environment, it seemed like a cozy, comforting place to hide away with a good latte and a good book (or textbook – it is quiet enough to get some good studying done here!)

I would definitely recommend Urban Farmhouse to a friend. Although I am a big Starbucks fan, Urban Farmhouse has a wider selection of foods and drinks ($22 for a pitcher of mimosas – heyo!) and a warmer, friendlier environment than the Cabell Starbucks. It wasn’t too busy for a Saturday morning, most of the customers looked like they were there to get comfortable, get some work done and get a good breakfast in. I’m looking forward to my next visit!

You can view their menu here!

Urban Farmhouse has six nearby locations:

• 800 W. Broad St (VCU – Right next to the Art Depot), 23220
  • 1217 E. Cary St (Shockoe Slip), 23219
  • 310 N. 33rd St. (Lava Lofts), 23223
  • 3015 Norfolk St. (Scott’s Addition) 23230
  • 13872 Coalfield Commons Place (Next to Midlothian Library), Midlothian, VA 23114

Check out their website for hours, more photos and The Farmhouse Story!

Katie is a 21 year old Psychology major at Virginia Commonwealth University. Her legal name is Katherine, but only her mother can call her that when she's in trouble. She loves coffee, lipstick, science, leggings, and people who properly cite their sources.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!