Her Campus VCU Reviews Unleashed Gourmet Hot Dogs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Unleashed Gourmet Hot Dogs Quick Facts!

Address: 515 N. Harrison St.

Cuisine: Gourmet Hot Dogs from all over the world, American and Russian/East European sides

Delivery: Yes, $10 minimum

Hours: Monday through Thursday 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.; and Sunday 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.

I pass by Unleashed every day on my way to class; it’s right across from Mansion and The Village Cafe. Many of us have probably walked past it on our way to the Seigel Center or other businesses on Broad Street. I decided to finally step in and try it out!

Right away, you’re helped at the cash register by the owner, Oleg. He was very friendly and answered all of our parties’ questions, like “What are your specials?” or “What’s the most popular combo here?”

The menu consisted of a good combination of American food and traditional Russian food that I’ve never tried before. As you can see, there is a very good variety of food here. I ordered the American Pit Bull Terrier with a corn muffin as a side. Yum!

Here’s The Italian Mastiff with a side of potato salad!

…and The Pekingese with some pasta salad!

The hot dog bun was soft and delicious grilled bread, which is a refreshing change of pace from your normal hot dog bun. The meat was cooked very well in a way that you’ve never tasted on a hot dog sausage before. There’s delicious gourmet sauces and freshly chopped veggies added to each hot dog, depending on which one you get. If you’re feeling adventurous, there are a lot of Russian sides to complement your order! The environment is very fun and upbeat too, with wall photos of dogs to go with the “Unleashed” theme.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant. The food is delicious, the sevice is friendly and it’s right by campus! If you’re looking for a savory lunch under $10, Unleashed Gourmet Hot Dogs is the way to go.

P.S. If you’re over 21, they have a great selection of wine and domestic or imported beers!

Katie is a 21 year old Psychology major at Virginia Commonwealth University. Her legal name is Katherine, but only her mother can call her that when she's in trouble. She loves coffee, lipstick, science, leggings, and people who properly cite their sources.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!