This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Happy holidays friends! We are less than a month away from the excitement in December and it is time to start buying gifts. Last year we talked about gifts for people who are hard to shop for, this year I want to share my cumulative gift guide for the different kinds of people in your life. 

Artsy friends

We all have friends that are naturally artistic and I always struggle with finding the “perfect” gift for the creative people in my life. Here are some unexpected gifts that have a creative flare and can be personalized. 

• If you live in Richmond, goodies from the VMFA are a great idea for special gifts. Their gift shop offers jewelry, clothing, accessories, books, home decor, games and much more all inspired by art history. This mug set is inspired by impressionist art, how cute!
  • Etsy is so fun to personalize and get unique stationery. My favorite Etsy shop for custom stationery included a set of floral blank cards and envelopes with my name on them and stickers to seal. There are so many possibilities of personalized stationery to gift.
Funny friends

It can be difficult to gift your funny friends and family a serious gift. Get these people in your life a gift that matches their personality!

• Customizable air fresheners are so funny and a gift that is unexpected. Etsy shops offer funny air fresheners that are totally customizable with pictures and scents. 
  • Games like “Cards Against Humanity” are only fun when you play with a humorous group. Gift your funny friends a game that you can play together!
Friends who like to read

With the rise of BookTok, a group on TikTok that shares book recommendations, get your reader friends cool accessories or opportunities to read new books.

• Book subscriptions have been popular the past few years, the most notable being Book of the Month. The receiver of this subscription will get a book each month and special rewards through their loyalty program that include games, exclusive content and reading challenges that will keep them engaged. 
  • An avid reader can never have enough bookmarks and Etsy, Amazon and Uncommongoods. 
Friends who like to cook

I love to cook and bake so I would appreciate any of these gifts, and anyone who enjoys being in the kitchen will too!

• Waffle makers are so fun and easy when you want a warm breakfast. Target has mini waffle makers for less than $10 and are perfect for limited spaces.  
  • A beautiful apron can be hard to come across and not something people buy for themselves. Anything they can wear in the kitchen that fits their style will make them feel special. 
other people on your nice list
  • Electric lighters are a random but useful gift that can be very unique. Etsy and Urban Outfitters offer a wide selection of lighters. Some of my favorites are the Harley Davidson inspired lighters and the electric lighters with horoscope signs on them. 
  • Food making kits can be a great interactive gift for someone special. Francesca’s has a mochi donut making kit that sounds delicious and a cute date night idea!
Ariana is a fashion merchandising major and theater minor at Virginia Commonwealth University with interests in costume design and film. She is a member of the editorial team and is enthusiastic about sustainability, fashion, beauty, mental health, and current events. She loves supporting women through HC.