Greek of the Week from Phi Sigma Sigma, the Unique Cali Williams!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Cali Williams has a refreshing hint of sarcasm and isn’t afraid to laugh at herself. One of the most interesting things about her, other than the fact that she can pull off almost any hair color, is her many tattoos (nine to be exact).  From her newest dream catcher, to the portrait of her grandfather on her arm, her body art represents just how unique she is. It is not every day that you see someone in a sorority rocking a full sleeve of tattoos!  Check out our latest Greek of the Week from Phi Sigma Sigma, Cali Williams! 

Sorority: Phi Sigma Sigma

Color: Blue and Gold
Mascot: The Sphinx
Open Motto: “Aim High”

Major: Strategic Advertising
Hometown: Virginia Beach
Relationship status: Taken

Favorites
Food: Chicken Carbonara
Color: Yellow
Store: I love Target!
Designer:  I am obsessed with Betsey Johnson because she’s fun and she’s not limited. She does whatever she wants and is spunky and wild.
Article of clothing: Bathing suits! I own over 45! I could go on vacation for a month!

Celebrity crush: Matthew McConaughey or Ian Somerhalder from “Vampire Diaries”

Facebook or Twitter? I just got into Twitter, and I’m addicted already! I would definitely have to say Twitter.

Why did you choose to join a sorority?
I wanted something other than class, and I don’t have any sisters so I wanted some.

Are you an only child?
No —  I have one brother, Jonathon.

What is Phi Sigma Sigma’s  national philanthropy?
The Phi Sigma Sigma Foundation, which provides for the national kidney foundation.

What other clubs or organizations are you involved in at VCU?
I am a member of the Adclub and work for the school radio station doing promotions.

Biggest change you have made while in college?
I am more independent and sure of myself.

What is one of your fondest memories with sisters?
Several of us went to Florida over spring break, and we ended up [coming back] being best friends.

Which tattoo is your favorite?

The portrait of my grandfather; although he passed away, I will never forget how he always told me to go after what I want.

Dream job?
To be a media buyer for Ogilvy and Mather.

Favorite class or teacher so far at VCU?
Curiousness with the professors Scott Scherman and Will Simms. Scherman would walk around class with no shoes on and make jokes — it was hilarious!

Do you currently have a job?
I am a server and bartender at the brand new Olive Garden at Short Pump

What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
I cheered for 12 years of my life and I won 2nd place the AAU junior Olympics.

Pet peeves?
I hate when people tap their feet. It distracts me so much!

What is one the most valuable lessons you have learned thus far?
Don’t ever second guess yourself;  if things aren’t going your way, eventually things will change and get better.

I have to ask, were you named after the state?
I was named after the LL Cool J song, “I’m going back to Cali“.

Who is one person that you look up to or aspire to be like?
I would say my big, Ha Phan. She is incredibly organized and good at multi-tasking. She can be doing 1,000 things at once and still have time for other people. She is smart and pretty, just like every girl wants to be!

Giants or patirots?
I have already seen this Superbowl, and I don’t think the outcome will be any different. Go Eagles!

Fun fact about Cali: Her eyes change with her mood, if they’re grey—that means she’s stressed out!

Chelsea is a Her Campus alumnae and the Cofounder and former President and Editor-In-Chief of Virginia Commonwealth University's Her Campus chapter. Chelsea has diverse professional experience thanks to her many internships in college. Her experience includes working in the research department at Viacom's MTV, assisting the CEO of a boutique jewelry brand in NYC, and working at an English tourist magazine in Japan. Beyond her professional life, Chelsea is inspired by fashion, finance, all things Harry Potter, her dream of working for a company she loves, and her travels. Chelsea turns to Sailor Moon episodes and Harry Potter soundtracks when life gets tough. Also a good amount of shopping, traveling, and making memories with loved ones will maintain her status quo.Connect!LinkedIn Instagram: @chelsskubo