This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

We all have comfort movies and shows that we watch over and over again because they’re just that good. Getting out of my comfort zone and thinking about what movies and shows I’d love to see in the future is not something I normally do. I don’t think I’m predicting the future here, but here are some movies and TV shows I’d love to see come back or new ones I hope happen. 

I would really love to see a live-action “Tangled.” This is a movie I believe has so many aspects to it and, if executed well, would make a great live-action movie. As far as actors and actresses in the movie, Haley Lu Richardson would make a perfect Rapunzel. Not only because of her witty and bubbly personality but I think looks-wise as well. She fits Rapunzel’s look in the animated one perfectly. 

Another movie I’d love to see make a comeback is “Wolf of Wall Street.” Although it came out 10 years ago, I believe with the right actors and actresses it would be amazing. I envision someone like Paul Rudd or Ryan Reynolds to bring their wittiness and embody the same humor that Leonardo DiCaprio did in the first movie. Also bringing in more young actors and actresses like Timothy Chalamet and Elle Fanning would make the movie feel more new and exciting to the audience. 

palace theatre signage 3004075?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Felicity Warner / HCM

I love a good rom-com like “How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days” and “27 Dresses,” so I hope to see more of those in the future. James Marsden is one of my favorite actors. The movies that he’s been in range from “27 Dresses” to “Sonic the Hedgehog.” I would love to see him in more rom-coms in the future. 

Although I’ve watched many TV shows, “New Girl” is one of my comfort shows that I watch constantly. “New Girl” is definitely a one-of-a-kind type of show but I’d love to see Netflix come up with a series kind of like it. It did come out in 2011 so I’d like to see a show that is more modern to how things are in 2023. Although I would love it if “New Girl” came out with more seasons, I doubt that will happen. 

Another series that I think needs more seasons is “Bridgerton.” What I like most about that series is that they perfectly embodied the old way of finding a husband and how they used to act back then into a show that just came out a year ago. They ended the last season on a note that makes me hopeful that a new season might be coming. 

Even though I can’t predict whether these movies or TV shows may happen in the future, it was interesting to sit down and think about what I would like to see in the film industry.

Brooke Lindberg is a communication journalism major at Virginia Commonwealth University. She loves writing about personal issues and hopes to reach some readers that relate:)