This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Makeup dupes are simply the cheaper alternatives to the more expensive brands on the market. They’re usually almost identical in either shade, texture and even coverage. Although the wear time might not last as long, there is nothing wrong with reapplying throughout the day, especially when you know you’re saving a fortune! 

Smashbox Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Powder $36 – Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser $5.99

Whether you are using high-end or drugstore products, using a primer underneath your makeup is super beneficial. It reduces redness and the appearance of your pores so your foundation applies smoothly on your skin.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid $28 – Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless $5.99

You can finally achieve the same flawless matte look only a MAC foundation can give you for almost five times cheaper. The best part is this foundation comes in 24 different shades so even if you can’t find your perfect match, you can mix two to create a customized shade and still be under budget. Make sure to use a damp makeup sponge for application to avoid streaks.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer $30 – Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer $4.99 Save $25 and get the Fit Me! Concealer to hide those dark bags under your eyes. It has the same lightweight formula while still giving medium to full coverage. Create upside triangles under your eyes and use your fingers or a damp sponge to blend out.

Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette $46 – Wet N Wild Color Icon Contouring Palette $4.99

I personally don’t think anyone needs to own a contour palette unless you’re a makeup artist. It comes with six different shades and you really only need two colors for everyday contour and highlight. Go one or two shades lighter for your highlight and two or three shades darker for your contour.

Benefit Hoola Bronzer $29 – NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder $3

To add some warm tones to the face, add some bronzer to the top of your forehead, cheekbones, and jawline. The NYC bronzer in the shade Sunny is the perfect dupe and it’s extremely cheap.

BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Opal $38 – NYX Illuminator Ritualistic $9

Your highlight game can be strong for under $10 using the NYX Illuminator in the shade Ritualistic. Apply with a fan brush on the top of your cheekbones and the tip of your nose to achieve that luminous glow.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade $18 – NYX Cosmetics Tame & Frame Tinted Brow Pomade $6.99

Keep those eyebrows on fleek without hurting your pocket by using the NYX Brow Pomade. It has similar creamy consistency and lasts just as long as the Anastasia pomade.

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette $54 – BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel $14.50

Every girl wants a Naked Palette, but there are so many other palettes out there with almost identical shades yet super affordable.

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner $22 – E.L.F. Intense Ink Eyeliner $3

Just try it, it’s only $3! The only difference is that it isn’t waterproof.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara $23 – CoverGirl Lashblast Mascara $6.99

When it comes to mascara, the ones from the drug store are just as good as the high-end ones (at least in my opinion). There are so many options, you really can’t go wrong. Just choose your absolute favorite, and it’ll still do the job.

Kylie Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipstick Exposed $17 – Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color $7.99

Everyone wants to get their hands on Kylie Lip Kits but they always seem to sell out in minutes. Not to worry because so many drugstore brands are offering matte liquid lipsticks as well. The one from Revlon in the shade Seduction is a great dupe for Kylie’s and it’s under $10!

Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray $30 – NYX Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray, Matte Finish $7.99

To make sure that your masterpiece stays put, set it with some setting spray. Spritz your face two to four times and you’re ready to slay the day! 

Rachel is a marketing major from Virginia Commonwealth University. She was born in Indonesia and immigrated to New York City with her family when she was five years old. She loves Disney movies, makeup, and exploring cities. You can follow her on Instagram @rachelgeru.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!