yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Fall Must-Haves: Boots & Leggings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

As we transition into cooler days, we see more women stepping out with their boots and leggings. Look to our very own VCU collegiettes™ for some fall fashion inspiration! 

Match a colored cardigan with a printed scarf over a plain white-tee and boom – you have a very trendy and put-together look. Printed scarves are probably the easiest (and cheapest) way to effortlessly dress up an outfit. Finding boots with small detail, like the buckles on our collegiette’s™ boots, is a good way to spice up an outfit too!

Take notes from this collegiette™! The key to wearing knee-high boots is to keep the rest of your outfit sweet and simple. Knee-high boots are sexy and bold so you don’t want to wear anything that will take the spotlight away from them. Her floral v-neck top is perfect for this outfit. Fashion tip: When wearing a v-neck shirt, make sure the length of your necklace does not go below the shirt. 

Want a more comfortable laid-back look? Pair your boots and leggings with a slightly oversized flannel! The great thing about this piece of clothing is that it’s available almost anywhere in almost any color. Also, wearing colored (maybe even matching!) knee-high socks that peek just over the top of your boots will definitely add some style to your outfit. You’ll be sure to stay warm and cozy this fall! 

Kristina Hipolito is a Chesapeake native and a sophomore at Virginia Commonwealth University. As a Mass Communications major with a concentration in Public Relations, she has a passion for writing, traveling, and event planning. Her aspirations include one day moving to the big city and working in either the entertainment travel/leisure, or media industry as a PR Professional, Marketing Coordinator, or Event Planner. In her spare time, you can find her on campus running to her next meeting or updating her multiple social networking sites. Follow her on Twitter @ktinaah or read her blog kristinahipolito.blogspot.com!
Sarah is a Mass Communications student at VCU with a concentration in Online/Print Journalism. She is passionate about veganism, traveling, music, health and fitness. Her plans after graduation are to move to NYC and work within the journalism field.