This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Check out these perfect shades of eye shadow, highlighter, lipstick, lip liners and liquid lipsticks for the fall. They’ve been swatched, tested and approved. These are all great colors to take pictures in and show off your fall spirit. Here are some honest reviews about these popular products. Get to know these goodies, you may decide to snag one of them for yourself. 

Colourpop Cosmetics Paradox Eyeshadow

This eyeshadow is so pretty for a burgundy smokey eye. Pair it with some deep brown and black eye shadows for that perfect smoldering look. The packing is cute, but the product can crumble a little. It doesn’t happen too often though. You can also layer up the color depending on how dark you want it.

Colourpop Cosmetics Elixir Eyeshadow

Elixir is the perfect transition shade for the season. It has a bronzy, orange tint and looks great blending out a smokey eye. These ColourPop eyeshadows are really interesting when touched. They have a pillowy, mousse-like texture that goes on like an eyeshadow. 

ColourPop Cosmetics Spoon Highlighter

This highlighter has the same pillowy, mousse-like texture as the eyeshadows. It’s actually kind of fun to poke. The shade is so beautiful on skin and has earned many compliments. You will glow! It’s buildable too, so you can go as bright as you want. It could even be used as an inner-corner-of-the-eye color or brow bone shadow.

Spoon, Paradox and Elixir on dark skin:

Spoon on medium skin:

Paradox and Elixir on medium skin: 

ColourPop Cosmetics Beeper Liquid Lipstick 

This liquid lipstick is awesome because it’s so cheap! It’s an ashy-dark mauve that will make a subtle statement. The product does get a tad thicker over time and make sure to keep the lid sealed extra tight. 

Kat Von D Beloved Liquid Lipstick

Kat Von D’s products are always so long lasting! I like how pigmented these are. The color is peachy-coral and would be a cute pop of color. The product also gets a little thicker over time. 

Kylie Cosmetics Posie K Liquid Lipstick

These liquid lipsticks smell amazing. They kind of smell like those fruity lip smackers I used to get as a child back in the day. The product goes on evenly and very pigmented. It also has a thin consistency I like that sets it apart from the other liquid lipsticks. 

Posie K on medium skin:

Beloved and Beeper on medium skin: 

Beeper, Posie K and Beloved on dark skin:

Smashbox Plum Scene Lipstick, ColourPop Cosmetics Button Lippie Stick and ColourPop Cosmetics Lumière Lippie Stick 

Plum scene is a creamy deep, wine purple that can go well with any skin tone. You can layer it to customize how dark you want it to be. Button is a perfect peachy, nude that can brighten up a dark and rainy day. Lumière can literally go with any outfit. It is an essential everyday lipstick. 

Plum Scene, Lumière and Button on dark skin:

Plum Scene, Lumière and Button on medium skin.

ColourPop Cosmetics Clique Lip Liner, ColourPop Cosmetics Ellarie Lip Liner and ColourPop Cosmetics Brink Lip Liner

These lip liners are so creamy when you put them on. They glide right on the lips easily and are super cheap to fit in a college budget. I recommend always having a nude, red and burgundy lip liner on hand. They are three essential colors that will go well with a number of colors. 

Clique, Ellarie and Brink on medium skin:

Clique, Ellarie and Brink on dark skin:

All photos by Jasmine Medrano-Guevara

Jasmine Medrano-Guevara is a senior studying print and online journalism at Virginia Commonwealth University. She enjoys laughing at corny jokes, trying new recipes on Pinterest, makeup and writing reviews on Yelp. Jasmine hopes to work for a women's magazine after college. You can follow her on Instagram @jasminemedrano_ !
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!