Everything I Loved About Stranger Things Season 2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

I really enjoyed the first season of “Stranger Things.” I’m normally not a big fan of science fiction shows, so I was very surprised when I liked it. Even though I enjoyed the first season, I wasn’t anxiously waiting for the second season. I feel like most shows can’t live up to the hype of the second season, so I didn’t want to get my hopes up. All I can say is, wow, I was completely wrong. “Stranger Things 2” was completely amazing. I laughed, cried, screamed, etc. This season was 10 times better than the first, and I didn’t even know that was possible. I originally was going to write about what I loved and hated about this season, but honestly there wasn’t much to hate. Here are the best parts about “Stranger Things 2”. If you haven’t seen it yet, there are spoilers ahead!

1. The character development

I absolutely loved the character development throughout the season. For example, I started off hating the character Steve in season one. However, seeing him get hurt by Nancy in the beginning of season two really brought some depth into his character. He ended up being one of my favorite characters this season.

2. The relationship between Eleven and Hopper

I really did not think I was going to like their relationship as much as I did. However, by the end of the season I really did grow to love their dynamic. Hopper really showed his parental and vulnerable side around Eleven, and Eleven got to see what it was like to have a parent in a sense.

3. Max

Max is one of the new characters this season. It’s really difficult to bring in a new character with such an iconic cast, but I really liked her. She wasn’t trying to replace Eleven in any way, she just wanted to fit in and make new friends. I liked how unique she was and can’t wait to see her grow more next season.

4. Justice for Barb

The fans asked and the Duffer Brothers listened. Barb finally got some closure with her demise, and it was done in a really nice way.

5. Steve and Dustin’s relationship

This was an unlikely friendship pairing, but it worked out so well. These two characters needed each other in ways they didn’t even realize.

6. The acting

I can’t believe a cast full of pre-teens could act so spectacular. Everyone has their own flare when it came to their acting styles, and it was so unique. These kids have a great career ahead of them.

7. The cinematography

The show took their cinematography skills to an entire new level. I was amazed to see how well done it was. I felt like I was watching a movie.

Excluding episode seven, which is an entire different article in itself, this season completely took my breath away. Never in a million years did I think that I would enjoy the second season as much as I did. The ending of the second season left room for a season three, and I can’t wait. I’ll say it again, I have no idea how they can top this season, but I’m extremely excited to see how they will. 

Photo Credits: Cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!