This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Emily Kelly

Age: 20

Hometown: Springfield, VA

Major: English 

Year: Sophomore

Relationship status: Single

What are you hobbies?

Writing, watching Netflix, ice skating — I took lessons when I was younger and I really enjoy it!

Turn-ons? 

Respect is really important, and good conversation — you have to be able to talk. I’m a talker!

Turn-offs? 

Acting superior and not listening 

Relationship deal breakers?

Lying, being disrespectful or deliberately not listening

Where else are you involved at VCU? 

Her Campus VCU, VCU Emerging Leader’s Program, I work at the Well (check out the Stall Seat Journals!), and I TA for UNIV 200. 

Favorite movie: 

Lost in Translation

If you only ate one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? 

Sushi — there can be a lot of variety and it’s good for you!

Favorite candy:
Almond Joy

Favorite spot in Richmond? 

Right now, Carytown! There’s so much in it!

Your room’s on fire! What’s the first thing you grab? 

Realistically I would probably grab my ID, phone, or laptop — the things that are hard to replace. 

Do you have any pet peeves?

I don’t like dripping water faucets! And untied shoelaces!

What about just pets? 

A cat and I miss her everyday!

What are you doing on a typical Friday night? 

Probably Netflix, with some comfort food. I’m currently re-watching Scrubs. 

What’s your dream job? 

It’s a toss-up between two: I really love teaching so that’s the first one. The second one is to be a script writer.

Where do you see yourself in five years? 

Graduated, employed, have traveled, have my own cat.

What about in 10 years? 

I’d like to be established in my career, published, have a permanent home and in a serious relationship. 

If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be and why? 

California — I’ve never been and I’ve never left the east coast. I’ve always been interested in their culture. 

Celebrity crush? 

Joseph Gordon-Levitt!

If I could be anyone but myself, I would be… 

Aubrey Plaza. She’s so quirky and I just really want to see what it would be like to be her. 

If you were an animal, what would you be and why? 

A cat! I like time to myself, but I’m not against socializing. It’s a good life! And I always land on my feet. 

21 || VBVA || Psychology || FACT@VCUAngie Ellorin is a senior at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is studying Psychology and eventually hopes to pursue a masters in Education. In her free time, Angie enjoy taking naps, watching Gossip Girl, and online shopping. She is the adopted mother of a beautiful African elephant named Elliot. Her favorite thing about Her Campus is meeting and being inspired by all the other empowering young women. 
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!