This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Cydni Gordon

Age: 20

Hometown: Falls Church

Year: Junior

Major: Psychology, Broadcast Journalism and African American Studies

Relationship Status: SINGLE

What about VCU inspires you the most?

Our cultural diversity and emphasis on global engagement. Also how we have this sort of eclectic student body and the fact that people feel free to be creatively expressive in ways that suite them individually.

Where’s your favorite spot in Richmond?

Lamplighter café (basic)

What’s your favorite food?

So hard to choose…I guess mac & cheese, I make a bomb mac & cheese…

What makes you so confident?

I get from my momma ;). I think my personality and sense of humor makes me feel most confident. Also having a positive body image and being comfortable with, and accepting of myself — including my flaws.

What’s one of your “super secret” beauty tips that you’re willing to share with us?

When I’ve not gotten my brows done in a while and a waxing is long over due, I use a highlighting pen to create a nice arch and cover up the hairs that need to be waxed. Another thing I like to do to make lipstick stay longer or to create a natural lip, is put a little foundation on my lips then apply the color or for natural a little Vaseline.

Who is your celebrity crush?

Where to start…most recently Niko Pepaj

What’s your ideal first date?

The first thing that comes to mind is I have no clue. Not a movie because you can’t really talk, which means you can’t get to know the person. Nothing too cheesy on the first go around for sure. Maybe a nice sit down at a coffee shop or grabbing ice cream. Perhaps a cooking lesson would be really fun. It mostly depends on how I know the person and for how long.

What’s a fun fact about you?

I have at least one friend living on every continent except Antarctica!

What’s something that a lot of people don’t know about you?

I have this secret crush on Simon Cowell.

Chantelle is from Virginia Beach, VA, and is currently a Junior at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is a Psychology Major with a Minor in Gender Sexuality and Women's Studies. She is an intense lover of comedy and is always looking for a reason to laugh. Her hobbies include dance, theatre, reading, and watching a lot t.v. You will usually find her dancing in a mirror, at a play or musical, filling her tummy with exotic foods, or crying over a piece of malfunctioning technology. She is an avid feminist, and loves helping people of all walks of life. After graduation she hopes to continue on to earn her Ph.D in Child Psychology and spend the rest of her days making young little humans smile more. You can find her spreading wisdom on Twitter @chantelltelle 
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!