A Christmas Bucket List For College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

It’s almost Christmas! My favorite time of the year, when gifts are exchanged and memories are made. If you’re like me and won’t be able to go home until the mid of December to start prepping for this beautiful holiday, then here are some fun ideas you can do while cramming for finals!

Watch a Christmas Movie 

This is probably the easiest way to get into the Christmas spirit, just turn on a classic holiday movie, put on your comfiest pair of pajamas and make some hot cocoa and you’re set! I personally recommend Home Alone 2: Lost in New York or The Santa Clause. You could invite some friends, pop some popcorn and have yourself a fun movie night to take a break from all that studying.

Get a Holiday Drink 

So many cute coffee shops offer a holiday menu with new and creative drinks! Get a latte while you prep for that final or have a coffee date with your besties. My favorite holiday drink is the Gingerbread Latte available at Starbucks.

Decorate a Small Christmas Tree

If you’re living in a dorm or apartment, it might be hard to get a Christmas tree to decorate and then go back home for winter break. That’s why I always purchase a mini Christmas tree from Amazon and have it shipped over. My roommates and I make some hot cocoa and decorate it together!

Blast Christmas Music 

One way to get excited for the holidays is to just listen to some music and dance around! You don’t have to invite your friends for this one, it can be something you do while cramming for an exam or some background music in the shower! I love to listen to “Santa Baby” by Gwen Stefani and “All I Want For Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey! 

Bake Some Delicious Treats

This is probably one of the most fun things you can do to prepare for the holiday season! Bake some delicious treats and hand them out to your friends or professors. You can decorate them to be Christmas themed too! I am not a professional so I usually purchase a pre-made cookie mix from my local grocery store, bake it, and decorate by getting a cookie cutter to make a tree or icing the cookie so it looks like a candy cane. You don’t have to be an artist for this one, just have some fun!

It’s not exciting when you’re in college trying to prep for finals during the holiday season and if you’re anything like me then you’d much rather be with friends and family watching Christmas movies and baking. These five fun ideas get me hyped for the holiday season even when I’m in school because they’re convenient and can be done with some of my best friends! I hope you enjoy them too!

Happy Holidays Rams! 

Rea is a senior majoring in Biological Sciences on the Pre-Medicine track at VCU! Her favorite things include binge watching Netflix, traveling, and spending time with her friends and family! She is an advocate for women's health with hopes of becoming a physician in the future.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!