This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Summer is coming up and I think some of us might need to refresh our skincare products with the seasonal transition. Here are four skincare products that are perfect for summertime and won’t break the bank.

Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash – $5.99

I know this might seem kind of weird, but this Dove body wash has really helped clear my face of acne. Whenever I’m in the shower, I not only use it for the rest of my body but I lather my face up with it as well. I know what you might be thinking, don’t most soaps like this strip your face of all oils and leave you with tight skin? Yeah, most soaps can, however Dove soap doesn’t. I’ve been using this soap for about four months now and have noticed a significant difference in my skin.

My skin now feels more hydrated, plump and satisfyingly clean when I go to bed every night. Not only this, but the Dove formula is fragrance free and hypoallergenic and doesn’t include any harsh chemicals. This is a safe, gentle cleanser that will help nourish your skin and make you feel more satisfied with cleaning your face every night. If you need further convincing, watch JessiSmiles skincare routine video where she talks about her experience with this product.

Unscented Cetaphil Daily Hydrating Lotion – $12.49

This moisturizer not only has acne fighting ingredients in it, but is also lightweight and fragrance free. Whenever I use this moisturizer, I don’t feel as if my skin feels weighed down or greasy. Instead it provides a nice thin layer of hydration to my skin that I think would do well in the summer heat. Used with Hyaluronic Acid, this moisturizer helps prevent pimples from popping up on my skin, as well as helps keep my dry spots moisturized. I find that using this astringent moisturizer both day and night keeps my skin clearer than an astringent face wash does.

Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater – $7.00

This one you could possibly do without, however, I do love spraying this on my face for a refreshing start to each day. This herbs and rosewater used within this formula always have a calming effect on me, and help me achieve have a more peaceful state of mind for the beginning of my morning. I also like spraying this on at random times within the day if my skin is feeling a bit tight or looking dull. In addition to this, it can also be used to set your makeup in place for a hot summer day.

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Facial Treatment – $7.99

I’ve been using this clay facial treatment since I was about 16 years old. If you want baby smooth skin, then I really suggest you try out this product. All you have to do is mix this powder with water and it becomes a clay paste that you spread all over your face or spots on your body. This clay facial really helps to fight off blemishes and even out skin tones. I really like to make this facial with apple cider vinegar because it further helps to make my skin look radiant and fresh. I would recommend only using this facial about twice a week, just because it is a really powerful facial treatment.

While these facial products can be found at the drugstore, I believe that they have the ability to help better your skin this summer. Give them a try!

Photo source: 1, 2, 3, 4

Samantha Larrabee is a senior at VCU and is majoring in English with a minor in media studies. She is a fanatical fantasy book nerd that can usually be found napping in her free time or drinking Tabasco sauce by the bottle. She hopes to one day be working in the book publishing industry helping to promote and spread the creative imagination of talented authors across the world.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!