#BestSongsToHaveSexTo (And the Worst)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Twitter’s weird. It’s one of the most popular social networking sites, it forces users to make statements in 140 characters or less, and thousands of parody accounts have been created to make light of popular events.

Depending on where you look, the “hashtag” (#thisisanexample) was first found on Twitter as a way to make somewhat backhanded remarks after a statement – an afterthought, I suppose. As time progressed, it evolved into a way to track different trends on Twitter and quickly became a way to connect with other users. Production companies began to hashtag titles of movies to keep track of who was talking about them, and citizens of the world used hashtags to make certain thins trend.

Like we said, Twitter’s weird. It has over 500 million registered users, around half of which are actually active in the online community. As of 2012, Twitter was reported to be seeing 400 million tweets per day from its active users.

When you have that many people tweeting that many times in a day, some weird things are bound to pop up.

One of the recent trends? The hashtag “#BestSongToHaveSexTo”.

Without further ado, here are the top seven #BestSongsToHaveSexTo (and simultaneously the worst songs)* according to the people of Twitter…

1. Pokemon Red theme – As a child, you may have started your Pokemon training career to this song. Why not listen to it while taking steps into maturity as well?

2. Hokey PokeyYou put your right hand it, you take your right hand out, you put your right hand in, and you shake it all about…

3. Who Let the Dogs Out? – Some have speculated that “Who let the dogs out?” is actually a metaphor for women, but the Baha Men have denied such speculation, saying that the song is simply a fun song.

4. Final Jeopardy theme – Because let’s be honest, sometimes sex feels like a test.

5. What Makes You Beautiful – One of the more popular suggestions in the trend, though hopefully one of the more sarcastic as well.

6. Anything from Kidz Bop – Another popular suggestion, and honestly I’m not sure if this is better or worse than listening to One Direction while doing the dirty.

7. Hoedown Throwdown – “Lean it left, clap 3 times Shake it out, head to toe Throw it all together, that’s how we roll.”

*The songs picked by the author are from the trending hashtag #BestSongToHaveSexTo and are entirely sarcastic choices and not actually songs recommended for actual use.

Dale Lavine is a 21-year-old college junior majoring in Media Studies & Political Science at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA. Outside of Her Campus, his words have been featured in publications such as USA Today College, Esquire, Fearless Men, CoolAppsMan.com, and The Commonwealth Times. When not penning his weekly columns, he enjoys hot showers, naps, Starbucks, and Jameson (neat). Want to know more? Need real-time relationship help? Readers are more than welcome to follow Dale on Twitter (@misterlavine).
Sarah is a Mass Communications student at VCU with a concentration in Online/Print Journalism. She is passionate about veganism, traveling, music, health and fitness. Her plans after graduation are to move to NYC and work within the journalism field.