jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Fall Things to Buy at Trader Joe’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Trader Joe’s has been a godsend of a grocery store since my freshman year of college. The produce is always fresh, the servings are appropriate for someone who is cooking for one, and the food is also budget friendly. The best thing about Trader Joe’s is it’s seasonal products, and the best time for seasonal products is during the fall season. Here are the best seasonal items to pick up on your next trip to Trader Joe’s:

1. Pumpkin Bagels and Pumpkin Cream Cheese

My favorite thing to get during the fall season are the pumpkin bagels. I’m not one for the pumpkin spice trends, however, the combination of pumpkin and bagels are a match made in heaven. They have small chunks of pumpkin pie embedded in the soft bread of the bagel. They’re not too sweet and are a great morning breakfast food. Along with the pumpkin bagels, I also get the pumpkin cream cheese that Trader Joe’s also makes. 

2. Pumpkin Danish Kringle 

The Danish Kringle is a classic during the holidays at Trader Joe’s and it has only just recently become a regular item. During the fall, they release a pumpkin edition of the Danish Kringle that replaces the original cheese filling with pumpkin pie filling. It’s a great alternative to the typical pumpkin pie and a low maintenance item to bring to a holiday pot luck! Warm the Danish Kringle in the oven for optimal effect.

3. Apple Cider

As apples are coming into season with the fall weather, so is apple cider. Trader Joe’s sells apple cider by the gallon and it’s the perfect balance of the apple and cinnamon taste without the load of sugar you would get from other grocery stores. Although it’s sampled as a cold beverage, I always warm my cup of apple cider up in the microwave for a few seconds when it’s cold out. 

4. Butternut Squash Ravioli 

Butternut squash is an amazing way to bring depth and sweetness to a dish. The fall vegetable is especially amazing in ravioli and Trader Joe’s makes it easy for you to try the combination. The pasta is best with the Trader Joe’s Autumn Harvest pasta sauce and makes for a quick meal when you’re in a pinch for time!

5. Apple Cider Donuts

Although Carter Mountain in Charlottesville, Virginia will always have the best apple cider donuts, Trader Joe’s makes an amazing alternative for when you can’t make the trip. They’re made in partnership with a family owned bakery in Massachusetts and a must have fall staple. 

Embrace the entirety of fall at Trader Joe’s with these food items and stock up before they dissappear!

Hannah Zhang is a senior at Virginia Commonwealth University majoring in Economics and on the pre-med track. She has a deep love for Frank Ocean, flaming hot cheetos, and food. She enjoys Dad jokes and a good read!
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!