This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Q: I’m a guy and I can’t seem to find a dating partner. What do I do?

First off, let us say that we are honored a guy is coming to Her Campus for dating advice and talking to girls. With that being said, here’s piece of advice number one: to find a dating partner you must put yourself out there. Talk, talk and keep talking to girls. Since you’re looking for someone to date, don’t limit yourself to nightlife and parties. There are opportunities everywhere: in class, the gym, the library, even the grocery store! That’s not to say you have to be on the prowl 24/7, but if you see a girl you like, why not go for it? Take a deep breath, approach her and don’t forget to smile! Next step: introduce yourself, create small talk and make her remember you. Let’s say you’re at a house party and you start pursuing the cute girl you’ve been eyeing all night. After you two introduce yourselves, go ahead and ask her to be your partner in beer pong. Whether you’re a great player or not, this will be your chance to crack jokes, flirt and show her what a fun guy you are. The last and most important step is to remember to be yourself at all times. Express yourself and be weird when you want to. Even if most girls turn you down, there will be a few that like you for you. These are the ones that make the search worthwhile!

Q: How do I get a guy that I really like to notice me? He’s really hot and an athlete. It’s just that I’d hate to be just another one of the millions of girls that probably approach him.

Don’t be afraid to approach him because you don’t want to be just another girl that talks to him. Let him know you are interested in him by talking to him confidently and asking questions about him. A guy that is frequently approached by girls might value someone who want to do more than just flirt. If you’re an introvert and are deathly afraid of talking to him, take some time to breathe and be confident. Don’t compare yourself to other girls because if you’re insecure, that may be a turn-off for him. It’s okay to be shy, you never know, he might think that it’s cute!

Remember to be you. Good luck!

HCXO – Jocelin Diaz

Have a question? We want to help! Submit your questions anonymously here!

Rachel is a marketing major from Virginia Commonwealth University. She was born in Indonesia and immigrated to New York City with her family when she was five years old. She loves Disney movies, makeup, and exploring cities. You can follow her on Instagram @rachelgeru.
Jocelin is a sophomore at Virginia Commonwealth University where she is studying print journalism with a minor in general business. In between classes and work, she enjoys drinking coffee, watching Netflix, and working out. She hopes to one day be the editor-in-chief of a magazine and live in NYC. She is a Pinterest enthusiast and loves DIY projects.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!