Apply To Be In HC VCU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

HerCampus.com is the number one online community for college women and features national content on style, beauty, health, love, life and career as well as content from 200+ chapters across the nation and in seven countries. Working with Her Campus is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with online media. And although the content is geared mainly towards females, there are plenty of opportunities for guys as well! 

We are looking for contributors, editors, photographers, graphic designers, a Greek liaison and pr/event planners for the upcoming semester. Our chapter meets and updates each section weekly, holds member-only and campus events, tables in the Compass, partners with student organizations and local business, attends regional and national Her Campus conferences and most importantly, we have a lot of fun! Don’t forget to stop by our table at the SOVO Fair August 22 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Siegel Center. 

This link provides a description of each position in Her Campus VCU.

Apply to be in Her Campus VCU with this Google Form by August 30th. If anyone has questions or wants more information, feel free to email the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus VCU sarahpentecost@hercampus.com or the President of Her Campus VCU kristinahipolito@hercampus.com.

‘Like’ Her Campus VCU on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @HerCampusVCU to stay up-to-date with the latest national and chapter content, VCU news, Her Campus events and giveaways!

Sarah is from Lynchburg, Virginia but has lived in Richmond since attending Virginia Commonwealth University in 2012 where she studied Mass Communications with a concentration in print journalism. She began contributing to Her Campus at VCU as a freshman and was developed to lead the chapter as Campus Correspondent for two years where she increased membership by 65% and brought the chapter ranking from bronze level to platinum level. She enjoyed attending both the mid-atlantic conferences held with the chapter at the College of William & Mary and Her Conferences held in NYC.  Sarah currently works in the tech industry in marketing. She has a background in communications, hospitality and nonprofit consulting. She still loves attending VCU basketball games and also loves live music. In her free time, she likes going on long walks with her dog, tending to her house plants and cycling around downtown. Fun fact: she has never owned a car and is a community advocate for public transit. Connect with Sarah on LinkedIn.