This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Amanda Morrison is a junior at Virginia Commonwealth University who is working to obtain her Bachelors of Fine Arts in Animation. She is a talented artist who will one day become an amazing animator — so look for her name on many of the top name comic books out there in the future!

Name: Amanda Morrison

Age: 20

Birthday: July 10

Classification: I’m a senior academically, but I’m a junior in my program

Major: Kinetic Imaging

Do you have any minors? Yes, I have one in Environmental Studies

Where are you from? Woodbridge, VA

If you could be any crayon, what crayon would you be? Why? I guess I’d be Mountain Meadow because it was the prettiest green I saw when I googled crayon colors.

What are some of your hobbies? I like drawing (obviously since I’m an art major), gardening, hanging out with my bunny, video games, reading and vegan baking.

Why did you choose VCU? Honestly, I mainly chose VCU because of how close it is to my hometown. Also, it was the only campus I visited when I was looking at colleges.

What is your favorite thing to do in Richmond? I really like going to Belle Isle and Brown’s Isle with my boyfriend and friends.

Are you a part of any clubs here at VCU? If so, which ones? Well, I was a member of the VCU chapter of SIGGRAPH (motion and computer graphics) last year, but the club seemed to just stop once the main members graduated last year, which was really disappointing. Besides that, I occasionally go to Green Unity and Chess Club meetings, but not consistently.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I’ve always wanted to go to Iceland and the United Kingdom.

Who has inspired you the most? Honestly, most of my inspiration comes from artists online. Growing up, I always admired Loish and Eleth89, which are both digital artists and animators.

What part of your art career, so far, are you most proud of? At the time, I was really proud of my Animation I final that I did in 2016 called The Vegan and the Vampire, but looking back, it’s a bit messier than I’d like.

What is your dream job?  I’d love to be a 3D Animator! But that’s a long ways from now. I’d also like to be some sort of 3D modeler or rigger, but I don’t really know how to do rigging yet. Anything in 3D is fine with me. 

Do you have an online portfolio? Yes!  Visit my website here, I am currently working on getting my newest artwork added to it.

All photo credits: Amanda Morrison

Autumn is a junior at Virginia Commonwealth University studying Forensic Science with a concentration in Biology and minors in Anthropology, Biology, and Chemistry. She has an addiction to Starbucks and Panera Mac and Cheese and can usually be found with her nose in a book during her free time. She is also an active member of VCU's Rowdy Rams and the Forensic Science Student Club. In her free time, she loves to watch movies and hang out with her friends and family; including her beloved dog, Jake.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!