etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Albums To Look Forward To This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

I always love hearing about my favorite artists coming out with by FlashMall”> new music, but my excitement reaches its peak when their release dates are in the summer time. There’s something about having no classes to worry about (sorry to my summer students) and beautiful hot weather that makes listening to music a thousand times more enjoyable. Summers are easily remembered by music. For some reason, my nostalgia always intensifies when I listen to an album that came out in the summer. I find it easy to recall every detail of certain nights affiliated with a specific song. So here’s a list of albums/musical projects that are coming out soon that will potentially be the soundtracks to our memories for summer 2018.

1. Nas

Kanye West has done us all a favor recently by returning to the Twitter universe a few weeks ago. Since then he has tweeted out a few projects that are soon to be open to the public, including an album from the hip hop icon Nas. Apparently West is also producing a good amount of this project. He recently tweeted on April 23, “I feel 18 year old again when I make beats for Nas.” Nas is mostly known for his critically acclaimed “Illmatic,” which was released in 1994. His new album is to be released on June 15, 2018.

2. Kanye West

Besides Kanye producing Nas’ album, the 21-time Grammy-winning artist tells us through Twitter once again that he is putting out an album of his own. He tweets, “my album is 7 songs” on April 19, 2018, quickly followed by “June 1st.” Kim Kardashian West’s husband is known to consecutively evolve his sound with each album he puts out, never really acquiring just one specific “sound.” Instead, he has shown exponential growth in his work. Hopefully this upcoming album shows that same advancement.

3. J Cole

Alright, alright, I know this album already came out, but it’s just in time for summer. J Cole recently released his fifth studio album, “KOD.” An insightfully conscious rap album held together with political content as well as a thoughtful theme of

4. Kanye West xTwitter to announce that he and his long-standing friend who also just so happens to be in the music industry will be releasing a duo album. That’s right—Kanye and Kid Cudi have paired again to produce an album that everyone can’t wait to get their hands on. The album comes out June 8, 2018. There’s no doubt that these two artists have created some amazing work in the past. Collaborations include “Make Her Say,” “G.O.O.D. Friday,” “All Of The Lights” and “Erase Me,” along with countless others. Even Kim Kardashian has shared her enthusiasm for this iconic duo’s reunion:

There’s no doubt that this summer will be absolutely amazing. And if it isn’t, well, at least we have good music.

Photo credits: 1, 2, 3, 4

An advertising student at VCU and human bean. You can catch her outside lost somewhere or laughing at her own jokes. She'll claim Chief Keef is her cousin, don't believe her for the love of god. She has a passion for creative writing, music, and people.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!