danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Things Students Who Work Full Time are Tired of Hearing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Anybody who goes to college knows it’s no easy feat. However, going to college and working full time takes a special kind of person. A special kind of person who relies on caffeine, naps, good friends and the patience to have the same conversations repeatedly with some people who just don’t get it. Besides, being tired isn’t a feeling, it’s a lifestyle.

1. “How do you find time to sleep?”

I don’t…but believe me, when there’s any second to spare on a nap, I’m already on it.

2. “Can’t you just call in sick from work or something?”

Just call in sick? Just?! No. You must not understand.

3. “Can I borrow some money?”

Because of your long hours clocked in at work, people think you have cash that you can just lend out.

4. “Are you free today?”

Between working, studying, being in class and despairing over my life choices, sorry. Can’t make it.

5. “Why do you work so much?”

So that I can pay my bills (and buy cute clothes without feeling guilty)

6. “Did you do the assignment that was due?”

Between work obligations and school deadlines, it honestly probably slipped our mind. You’ll get it next time, champ.

7. “You look tired.”

Thanks for the reminder.

8. “Why were you late?”

What I wanna say: “Dude I am so burnt out. You’re lucky I even showed up.” What I really say: “Sorry, sir! It won’t happen again!”

One thing we’re not sick of hearing, though, is that sweet cha-ching in our bank accounts when it all pays off every payday!

Katie is a 21 year old Psychology major at Virginia Commonwealth University. Her legal name is Katherine, but only her mother can call her that when she's in trouble. She loves coffee, lipstick, science, leggings, and people who properly cite their sources.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!