8 Little Things to Remember to be Thankful For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

With exams swiftly approaching and the toting excruciating stress that comes with them, it can sometimes be difficult to remember all of the things we are grateful for once Thanksgiving rolls around (besides a home cooked meal in front of our faces). Here is a gentle reminder of some things in life we sometimes forget to appreciate.

1. The most comfortable bra you own

How on Earth would you make it without it? You refuse to wear any other bra, you need that comfort. 

2. Baby chicks

These things will cheer up even the most depressed person. Look at those little faces!

3. Jason Momoa

Yes, this man exists you guys. He is a real person somehow. 

4. Your hairdresser

Who else would keep you looking stylin’? They are the real MVP for helping you get rid of those split ends and for boosting your confidence. 

5. Liquid lipstick

Cause it’s a nice feeling to know your lipstick won’t get everywhere when you drink a sip of water. The color options are endless, there’s a shade out there for everyone.

6. Your best friend’s smile.

Cause you miss her and she’s the bestest. Her smile can always turn your frown upside down. 

7. Your meal plan

When else in your future life will you be able to go to over 10 different places and get food for nothing but a flick of the wrist?

8. The fact that you woke up this morning and are living life

We all have that to be grateful for everyday. Every day is a gift.

College life can be hard, but don’t forget to be thankful for the simple things in life. Those secret comforts are always there for you at the end of a long day.

Photo credits: cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 8

Madeline Wheeler is a journalist major with a focus in print and online journalism at VCU. In her free time, she enjoys drinking floral teas, going to underground concerts in smoky basements, and hunting for keys to the past in antique stores.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!