7 Trendy Female Designers That You Need to Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

With the ever changing trends surrounding fashion, its always important to recognize those who are in a path of their own. Instagram is full of female designers who are creating pieces that are turning heads and emptying pockets. Here are a few female designers that everybody should check out: 

1. Dbleudazzled by Destiny Bleu 

As seen on Beyoncè, Fifth Harmony and Chris Brown (just to name a few), these aren’t made with your grandma’s ol’ faithful bedazzle gun. Each of these pieces are hand made with either diamond or crystal shaped jewels and include a four color shade range to be chosen by the customer (vanilla, swirl, butterscotch and chocolate).

2. Adriana Sahar

Self-made, Adriana focuses on clothing that makes every woman, regardless of shape, feel confident, unique and sexy.

3. MATTE Brand

This brand makes basic and simple pieces made for the woman who isn’t afraid to bare it all.

4. PluggedNYC by Tizita Balemlay

Created in 2016, this versatile street wear brand is manufactured in Brooklyn, NYC, and has quickly grown to be featured in major publications like Vogue and Complex.

5. Namilia

For the wild and fearless, these pieces definitely push the limit when it comes to what is and is not off limits. Take the “Dickini Top” for example.

6. Grayscale

Popular for their under bust corset skirt, this brand offers custom sizing and colors upon request. 

7. Six:13 Swim

Designed by Raina Nechelle, a LA based designer, this collection of swimsuits will be sure to turn heads while at the pool or beach.

Do yourself a favor and check out these trendy female designers. Step out of your comfort zone and mix up your style! Slay your outfit game and leave everyone on Instagram shook. 

Photo credits: cover image, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Carefree Black Girl Alyssa is currently enrolled at Virginia Commonwealth University as a sophomore transfer student. Though she is currently working towards her goal of earning a Bachelor of Arts in English, you can find Alyssa at any given time doing one of the following; checking her reflection to ensure her afro is as massive as it can be, tweeting about a variety of topics on Twitter, or making ratchet memories with her friends. 
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!