This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Shoes were never that important to me until I hit the age of 20. I always wondered why people were so obsessed with sneakers and heels, but I am now one of them. As I got older, I realized that shoes are vital to any wardrobe. The type of shoes you wear on the daily can make or break any outfit. I feel like even just one new pair of fire sneakers can make you look like a fashionista. This spring, get familiar with the season’s latest shoes trends. You may even want to grab a few of these styles. Getting your hands on each style will assure you will be ready for any spring outfit.

1. Ankle-Wrap Flat

When the ankle wrap made its first rounds out in public, I hated them. They looked so weird and pointy. Now, I’m starting to like a couple of versions of them. They’re super popular and will make your ankles look sleek.

2. Block Heel

I’ve always been into block heels and am happy they’re fashionably acceptable now. A block heel is essential because they look cute paired with jeans, a skirt or a dress. They are also a lot more comfortable than stilettos.

3. Caged heels

These criss-cross applesauce looking shoes will make any gal wearing them look hot. A nude pair in your skin tone or a black pair will do your outfit justice.

4. Mules

Mules might just be my favorite look this spring. They are basic, comfy and make anyone who wears them look put together. There’s something cute about having the heel of the foot out.

5. Loafers

Loafers always make their ways in and out of the fashion-sphere. They were cool back in 2012 and have reemerged. This time, with the heel exposed.

6. Slides

A cute pair of fashionable slides is casual yet stylish at the same time. Fuzzy, sporty or sleek, slides are awesome to just slip on to any outfit. 

7. Basic colored sneaker

A neutral or basic pair of sneakers like Vans or Adidas would be really cute to add to any outfit. Sneakers are always great when styling a basic outfit. It elevates your look.

photo credit: Cover 1, 2, 34, 5, 6, 7

Jasmine Medrano-Guevara is a senior studying print and online journalism at Virginia Commonwealth University. She enjoys laughing at corny jokes, trying new recipes on Pinterest, makeup and writing reviews on Yelp. Jasmine hopes to work for a women's magazine after college. You can follow her on Instagram @jasminemedrano_ !
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!