6 Types Of People You See On Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

After seeing the annual “there are two types of girls on Halloween” memes, I began thinking of all the types of people you see on Halloweekend. Because of course, there aren’t just two types of girls and your gender orientation doesn’t have anything to do with what kind of person you are on a night out, especially Halloween. After all, it is the one night (or in the case of most college kids, an entire weekend) that anyone can be anyone or anything they want to be. After careful research over this weekend, I have compiled a list of the kind of people you meet on halloweekend.

1. The Basic Sexy Look

Basic has a negative connotation but honestly, no tea no shade. These people may just throw a pair of mouse ears on top of a lingerie look, “Mean Girls” style, but they look fantastic doing it. Also, snaps to anyone that can walk around in the cold of October and not give up 30 minutes into the night.

2. Spot on Costumes

At least once during your night out, you will see someone that has their costume done perfectly. You know exactly who or what they are supposed to be, because they look exactly like them.

3. The Too Drunk

Halloweekend is a big deal and some people really go all out. By “all out” I mean they get almost blackout drunk at the pregame and keep going hard all night. The perk of this is that, if you don’t get alcohol poisoning, you will be too drunk to feel cold. But please stay safe.

4. Last Minute

Some people can pull off a great last minute costume and fool us all. However there are always one or two people who you can tell waited until the night of to figure something out.

5. Couple Goals

This couple goes beyond a Bonnie and Clyde costume or a sappy peanut butter and jelly pair costume. Their creativity and spot-on costume, whatever it may be, will always be the winner in a costume contest and the talk of the night.

6. Cultural Appropriation

Walk into any frat party and you will be sure to see five white people in “native princess” costumes, or a sombrero and poncho, or black face or any other awful, blatantly appropriative and insulting costume. News flash: someone’s culture and beliefs are not your costume. Thankfully, more people are spreading this message and holding people accountable to finding non-offensive costumes. All it takes is a little creativity, people.

What type of Hallo-weekender are you? Have fun and get spooky!

Photo credits: cover

Katie, a Senior at VCU, is majoring in International Studies focused in European studies and is minoring in both Spanish and Writing. She credits all success and sanity to dry shampoo, The Arctic Monkeys, and chocolate. Her favorite things include argumentative essays, pitbull puppies (or really any puppy), and spring. Katie hopes to one day get paid to travel the world and write.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!