5 Ways to Transition Your Winter Wardrobe to Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

The transition from winter to spring clothes in this confused weather can be confusing for even the most fashion-forward fashionistas. It’s too warm for high boots and warm jackets but too cold for bare it all legs and short sleeves. Here are the top five essential things you should keep and let go for the upcoming season.

1.    Keep Wearing Your Winter Socks

This is the ultimate time to rock the socks with platforms look.  Take a pair of your coziest winter socks and rock them with your new spring platforms.  You can rock this trend with a great swingy or skater skirt.

2.    Let Go Of Your Heavy Jacket

Get a great jacket. Investing in several lighter jackets are ideal; that way you can switch them in and out. As opposed to winter time when you wear one heavy coat 24/7, several jackets will be a lifesaver the more time you spend outside.

3.    Keep Wearing Your Scarves

Just because the weather is changing every two seconds doesn’t mean your body temperature needs to be. Keep layering and keep your neck covered. Although, you can change the fabric from cashmere to something lighter like linen.

4.    Let Go Of Your Neutral Color Pants

Switch your black and brown pants for a colored pair. Try trending spring colors such as mauve, bright cobalt and misted yellow. Choose more solid colors over patterned pants that were popular in the winter time. The more color the better!

5.    Keep Your Over-Sized Sunglasses

Just because the sun may be appearing more, it still can be harmful, even in cooler weather. You’ll be both stylish and chic but making smart choices at the same time!

Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!