Style

5 Sweaters To Help You Get Through This Fall Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

The fall season is finally upon us, so trade in your tank tops for chunky sweaters. Are you having trouble finding the sweater that’s best for you? Here are five sweaters and looks to help you get ready for this spooky season.

Oversized

Oversized sweaters are a great addition to any wardrobe. They can be dressed up with a pair of trousers or dressed down with a pair of jeans. You can even style the sweater, with matching a sweater skirt to create a set. This look appears professional while also being the comfiest thing you’ve ever worn. You can find oversized sweaters at a number of different clothing stores. Urban Outfitters, Acne Studios and vintage shops have a large assortment of sweaters to choose from. If you’re looking to recreate a sweater set, ASOS, Nasty Gal and PrettyLittleThing have a number of sweater sets. This set can be found on PixieMarket.com.

Cable Knit

Also known as the iconic fisherman sweater, these sweaters have become the norm this fall season. Try styling this vintage look with a pair of nude or plaid slacks. You can find this sweater on I Love Mr. Mittens, a clothing site that has a great selection of fall looks. You can also take a trip to your local charity shop or your mom’s closet to find a cozy vintage sweater. While wearing this outfit, you can almost taste the sea salt on your tongue.

Cardigans

Cardigans have taken the fashion community by storm. During the summer cropped cardigans were the go-to choice of apparel during the chillier nights. This fall, you can wrap a cozy cardigan around your shoulders while achieving a comfortable yet stylish look. You can match this snuggly cardigan with a pair of light washed denim and a comfortable tee. Try wearing this number with a layer of gold necklaces and a classic pair of hoops. You can find comfy cardigans at Madewell, Urban Outfitters, Chicwish and Free People.

Turtlenecks

Turtleneck sweaters are practical and fashionable. During this chilly season, wearing a turtleneck can help you stay warm. Concerned about looking too plain? Tuck your sweater into a pair of straight leg denim jeans and throw a blazer over the mix, or for a more seasonal look throw a slip dress over your turtleneck. This outfit will have you looking professional while also staying warm. My favorite place to look for basic turtleneck sweaters is Depop, a great thrifting app that allows users to thrift from the comfort of their own home!

Animal Print

Animal print is still a relevant and eye-catching trend that’s making its way into the fall and winter. So, why not incorporate it into your sweaters? Animal print can spice up any ordinary look! Try adding a turtleneck to layer for some extra style and warmth. This sweater is from House of Sunny, but you can find other more inexpensive options on ASOSJ.Crew and even Target.

Sarah is a junior at Virginia Commonwealth University and is majoring in Mass Communications and minoring in Fashion Merchandising. Sarah enjoys reading, writing, and discussing sustainable fashion brands. Sarah spends most of her time, and money, on Depop fueling her shopping addiction. Follow her on instagram @Sarah_parker9 and Twitter @_parker_9
    Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!