This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Candles have a way of transporting you to a different time and place, and the type of candles that you chose to light can determine what the atmosphere in your home is like. The fall season is incomplete without the smell of leaves, bonfires, pumpkins, apples, forests and comfort food. Here are five candles that will help you get in the fall spirit and make your place feel warm and cozy! 

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles

“Pumpkin pecan waffles” is a seasonal candle that is available at Bath & Body Works in the fall. This candle’s scent reminds me of a delicious fall dessert and smells like a combination of pumpkin, pecan and syrup. The candle’s scent is very strong and can be a bit overwhelming in small areas, but the smell will easily spread throughout the entire home if it’s lit in a central location. If you love sweet and comforting scents, then this is the perfect candle to purchase! The retail price is $24.50 for a three-wick candle, but it lasts for a good amount of time, even when it is frequently lit.  

Flannel

“Flannel” is one of my all-time favorite scents available at Bath & Body Works. This candle’s scent smells crisp, woodsy and masculine. This scent is very calming and crisp and is a great scent to light in a bedroom before going to sleep. This scent is great not only in the fall but year-round. The three-wick candle retails for $26.50, but the smell is well worth the investment!

Mahogany Teakwood 

“Mahogany Teakwood” is probably my favorite candle scent available at Bath & Body Works. It is sold year-round but is especially nice to use during the fall season. This scent creates the perfect atmosphere for cozying up on a cool night and watching movies. This candle’s scent is intoxicating. It is fresh, clean, musky and smells faintly like the forest as well. The three-wick candle retails for $24.50, and the seemingly high price is worth paying because of how life-changing this scent is. 

Fresh Fall Morning 

“Fresh Fall Morning” from Bath & Body Works is a great scent for those that love the smell of crisp autumn air. The smell is a combination of tangy citrus, juicy apple and pine. This scent transports me to an apple orchard on a brisk fall morning and is a great scent to light in the morning when you wake up and are ready to start off your day. The three-wick candle’s retail price is $24.50. 

Caramel Pumpkin Swirl

“Caramel Pumpkin Swirl” is another great candle that can be purchased at Bath & Body Works for $24.50. The candle’s scent has notes of cinnamon, pumpkin and caramel. If you are not a big fan of caramel, then you may find the candle’s scent to be unpleasant, but I find that the scent pairs very well with pumpkin and isn’t too overpowering. The scent is very sweet, cozy and warm. I’d say that the smell reminds me of what I’d smell if I visited a pumpkin patch while drinking a caramel frappuccino. 

I hope you end up purchasing some of these candles and enjoying the scents that they emit!

Britney Simmons is a senior at Virginia Commonwealth University who is majoring in Mass Communications with a Concentration in Print/Online Journalism. She has loved reading and writing since she was a child, and is an animal lover. She loves to travel whenever possible, and you can usually find her binging some new series or napping.
Mary McLean (née Moody) is an avid writer and is the former Editor in Chief of Her Campus at VCU. She wrote diligently for Her Campus at VCU for two years and was the Editor in Chief for three years. You can find her work here! She double majored in Political Science and History at Virginia Commonwealth University and graduated in 2022. She loves her son, Peter, and her cat Sully. You can find her looking at memes all night and chugging Monster in the morning with her husband!