burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

5 Accessories That Can Transform an Outfit in an Instant

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Sometimes your outfit needs a little something extra. Even the smallest of accessories have the ability to totally transform your look! These five accessories are the perfect addition to any outfit, especially for the winter time. Wearing any or all of these accessories can quickly transform an outfit from basic to basically perfect! 

Scarves

This is one of the best accessories to wear over an outfit, especially during the winter. A simple scarf can totally change a whole look, not to mention it can also keep you warm! I especially like chunky knit scarves for the winter: they keep you cozy while also making any outfit super cute! Check out this cute chunky knit scarf from Stylevana!

A simple scarf over a cute sweater or coat can spice up your outfit in a second! There are a ton of different patterns and textures you can choose from while looking for a scarf: whether it be a simple black scarf, fuzzy pink knit scarf, or a patterned one, scarves are the perfect way to play with an outfit! 

Knit Beanies

Knit beanies are a must-have accessory for the winter. They not only keep you warm, but they can keep you looking stylish too! You can mix and match a knit beanie with any outfit.

These stylish hats offer a soft, close fit and you can wear them in a variety of ways! One way is to pull the beanie over your entire head, including your hair, for a more polished look. The alternate, more loose-fit option, is to put the hat on your head and pull back the extra fabric and line up the hem of the beanie with your hairline, allowing your hair to peek out from underneath. This cute knit beanie from SHEIN is sure to keep you cozy and looking cute!

Statement Coats

In the winter your outerwear is the most important aspect of your wardrobe, so why not make a statement? A bright statement coat will add a pop of color to any neutral or all-black outfits. A good statement coat is warm, functional and protects you on the chilliest of days, yet still manages to add a touch of personality to any outfit. This winter, why not opt for a coat that is daring, fun and unforgettable! This coat from Forever 21 is sure to make a statement! 

Knee-High Boots

Warm and chic—the perfect winter combination! Knee-high boots can be dressed down with your favorite pair of leggings or jeans and a comfy sweater or glammed up with a skirt or mini dress. These knee-high boots from Justfab are made of waterproof material, so you can trek through snow while also looking cute! 

Statement Necklaces 

Statement necklaces are the easiest way to accessorize an outfit. One of the best things about adding a necklace to your outfit is the wide variety to choose from. A good statement necklace can add a little something extra to any outfit, whether it be a fancy dress for an occasion or a casual outfit walking to class.

There are tons of options and styles for necklaces: you can try a choker, a long necklace or even layer a bunch of cute necklaces. This statement necklace from Etsy is sure to draw attention!

These five accessories are the best way to make a statement with any outfit! And because it is officially winter now (as the weather suggests) it is all about keeping warm and looking cute at the same time. Not only will you look absolutely fabulous with these accessories, you’ll feel confident too! 

Tara is a junior HPEX health science major at Virginia Commonwealth University. She likes hanging out with friends and family, trying out new places to eat and scrolling through dog videos in her free time.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!